Lost Rod/reel

jeb

Quillback and I were out on the Rock yesterday in his new Phoenix, and somehow one of my rods bounced off the back deck when were going down the lake from Big M to a little south of the Devils Backbone. My fault for not finding a way to secure them better. I spend a fair amount of time and money getting higher end stuff to fish with, but this one really hurt. It a Shimano Stella spinning reel on an NRX 822DSR. My premier spinner. Leaves a big hole in my lineup.

I have rod floats on all my rods, and they do work. They float the entire rod/reel easily. We looked for probably 2 hours yesterday, but it was pretty windy and we didn't find it. I spent several more hours up there myself today in my boat, but still came up blank. I have tags on my combos with a "reward if found" and my phone number on them, so hoping someone finds it. But if y'all are fishing in that area, keep your eyes open. Or if you hear of anyone finding something like that, please let me know.

The whole thing has me pretty depressed. Kind of took the wind out of my sails.

John B

08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha

Jeb, Cannot say How sorry I am. That was one sweet outfit. For those of you that don't get the picture on this deal, that is 1 Smooth Grand sinking to the bottom of the Rock.

I have been lucky. Lost 3 overboard in the Rock and got them all back. Lost at least a dozen in taney and got 1/2 them back. Like Jeb, mine are not cheap. I'm lucky to get them at Pro-Staff pricing. You lose that outfit he lost at retail and you have lost a Mid-Range house payment. Not to mentioned he probably saved up like crazy for it and then fretted spending that kind of money on gear. :oh-noes:

I'm up there all the time. I'll keep my peepers peeled.

Have you checked the banks in that area? Or just in the open water? it'll float up on the bank most likely whichever way the winds are blowing. I do a lot of bait(lure) hunting and the windy banks are always the best.

Yeah, I combed the banks today. I noted strongly which way the winds were blowing yesterday, and chased the shores WAY outside of that probable drift range today. I didn't really spend any time today looking in deeper water, just along the shores. I idled or used the trolling motor close to shore and in the trees for 7-8 miles or better, I guess. Pulled into an empty dock for a while in the worst of the rain. Most likely area of loss is in the Devils Backbone area, I'd guess.

I appreciate you guys keeping your eyes open. There is NO question this combo is floating around out there somewhere. At least if it hasn't been found already by someone who is beneath giving me a call about it.

John B

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a bum deal...lost a couple of rods and two caps on Table Rock. One I only cast once and was a lowrider!

Tim Carpenter

It has not shown up. I'd guess it's been found by now, so doesn't look like it's going to find its way home.

John B