Next Week

trytofish

• Members

Going to come down on the 14th for a week.We will be staying way up the kings.Anyone been up there to see if anything is happening? I pretty much always have succes, but not oposed to pulling the boat out and dragging it up h to the Indian, or down to the White. Any advise would be helpfull. Thanks

PS. Will probably get hungry during the week so any scoop on Crappie or Walleye would help.

Haven't been up the Kings, but did fish where it meets the White. There were shad and spotted bass along the edges of the flats and points at the mouth last Thursday. My guess is there might be some wallies around there too as long as the shad stay in the area.

I would think it is about time for the crappie and the whites to kick in up there. I believe you are getting there about right. Had heard a rumor of a good A-Rig Bite just starting, but blew up with it yesterday, but didn't fish the Kings.

That water is really low up there, so be pretty careful once you get very far past Sweetwater. Still lots of pole timber just under the surface. " It will bend a prop shaft believe me when I tell you." Anything from King's River Beach up is tricky.

If you are to far up there, you are just trapped. Bout as easy to put the boat iin and out at Shell Knob if you are going to try and run in and out of the back of the Kings.

Good Luck