OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
dudley02

Cape Fair With My Daugter And Cousin Today

Started late at around 11-11:30 about 10 min south of cape fair fished little pockets. My daughter beat us both with the ned rig, we caught mine on chatterbait , and Travis had his on a jig. Only my second time on the lake however still not sure about color differences on the rock. I now have a slip here so not much pomme or Stockton fishing anymore. Sorry no temp readings forgot the finder at home. However fish were in 10-15 ft. of water on my normal pomme colors, wat.red . Any help on colors would be appreciated. Forgot only fished till 2:30 and had a lot of bites just no takers.

Good report Dudley; sounds like you guys had a good time.:-)

-

I'm a huge fan of any soft plastic in green pumpkin, then my next favorite is PB&J, then right behind that would be watermelon candy and watermelon red flake. Any/all of these colors have always been good to me. At least around the 13/up to Indian point area........and can assume they are just as good elsewhere on the lake.

-

Thanks for the report!:-)

Started late at around 11-11:30 about 10 min south of cape fair fished little pockets. My daughter beat us both with the ned rig, we caught mine on chatterbait , and Travis had his on a jig. Only my second time on the lake however still not sure about color differences on the rock. I now have a slip here so not much pomme or Stockton fishing anymore. Sorry no temp readings forgot the finder at home. However fish were in 10-15 ft. of water on my normal pomme colors, wat.red . Any help on colors would be appreciated. Forgot only fished till 2:30 and had a lot of bites just no takers.

That little rig will get you an awful lot of smiles from the back seat. Not shabby up front either. Just looks kind of goofy.

Am with Doug on the colors, but would flip PBJ and green pumpkin. The green pumpkin is a little better when the sky is gray, or when they are smack on the bottom. The more transparent greens...w'melon. w'melon red, w'melon candy...are better for me with some sun.

Smokes on the single tail grubs. Smoke, pearl, or greens on flukes. That will about do it.

If anyone wants to be added to Ned's FNN (Finesse News Network), just shoot me a PM.

I like all those colors. The smoke and salt n pepper is working in a jig color.

Bleeding Shiner, I have enjoyed many of your posts on the Stockton Forum. I have big plans fishing the Rock this year. We might be able to help each other out. I know I am getting stronger line. Them smallmouth Sunday were about jerking the rod out of my hand ! I caught more big smallies Sun at the Rock then I did all last year at Stockton.