Couple Questions

sholder02

• Members

1) How long would it take to run from the Shell Knob bridge to the Oakley BB weigh-in site? (60MPH)

2) How many of you peg your weights when flipping...or even throwing a T-rig? I never used to but started doing it last year and am getting ready to go back to not pegging. I break off far too often with a peg on the hook-set. I'm using 15# 100% fluoro on a 7'H (6th Sense Pegs).

Thanks!

• Members

Quite a run, I would think about 45-50 minutes.

You are allowed to trailer in the oakley BB Tournament. Read the rules.

Mose

I use bobber stops. They seem better because they dont make the weight off center like a T stop does. Everything is in line and strait with bobber stop and it allows your weight to move freely. Try it and youll never use T stops again.

Bobber stops work. Make sure you get them in the right size for the line you are throwing, and pay attention to whether that line is thinner than most lines of the same test (as in some fluorocarbon lines).

I've used the tru tungsten stoppers and several bobber stoppers with all sizes and types of lines. Mono, floro, braid haven't found one that's better than other.... Hook up percentages go up exponentially from unpegged. Just like any other baits you need to retie more often when fishing the nasty stuff

why peg it? I am a true believer in using beads to make a rattle sound when popped and shaked. also, pegged does not let the weight slide away from the fish when they jump and shake their head, meaning more thrown baits. I use t-rig ALOT, never never peg. Caught 8 fish over 3lbs last night, never missed or lost a fish.

Essary Construction - Honest work for honest price

Custom Construction and Remodeling

Call for free quotes (417)338-6418 http://essarycustomhomes.com/

Pegged gets through some of the nasty places better. Guess that may be a point in favor of the bobber stop method also. Can add a bead and leave a little space to get the click going by leaving the stop a little higher. Can't do it with a T peg, band, or toothpick.