Fun Fun Fun

ryan

Went out fun fishing yesterday which I haven't done much of this year. Not that pre-fishing isn't fun but went out for numbers yesterday. Put in around 9 am ran up the white looking for bed fish. Found tons of them in about every cove we stopped in. Had probably 60 fish on shakey heads and top water. Those fish were just locked on the beds tight. Green pumpkin on the shallow beds and white on the deeper beds (just so we could see). Lots of fat K's and Smallies, had one pocket where we caught several nice Largemouth biggest maybe went 4 1/4 best 5 12-13lbs but man was it fun and easy. Not a tournament pattern but if you just want to have a fun day with your wife or kids this is the time to do it. Saw several pairs on the beds. 3/16 oz spot remover, and probably any plastic that you wanna stick on it will work, 8lb FC on the old fairy wand. God bless and I hope you all have as good of a time as we did. On a more somber note I saw my first jet skier yesterday (so it begins)!

Glad you nailed them. looking forward to going tomorrow myself. Putting in at Mill Creek and going from there

and I saw them skiing on Sunday. With the the weather getting better you know they will be out this weekend

Bunch of those bed fish gonna get yanked off this weekend with that Oakley Big Bass derby. :(

I hate May tournaments for that reason...always wanted May to be catch-n-release only for bass in Misssouri but that won't happen unless I win the Powerball :D

I hate May tournaments for that reason...always wanted May to be catch-n-release only for bass in Misssouri but that won't happen unless I win the Powerball :D

I'm 105% with ya on that one, T. I'd like to see both April and May made that way. It would be a completely cost-free management tool other than what little they might spend on education and enforcement.

ClassActionTransparent.png

I'm 105% with ya on that one, T. I'd like to see both April and May made that way. It would be a completely cost-free management tool other than what little they might spend on education and enforcement.

Well, we need to work on that and some Florida strain bass stocking in Bull and TRock

Heck no on the Florida Strain, keep those temper mental fish where it is always warm.

Haha...me and those fish get along well. I have visions of flipping a jig in buck brush and watching a 14 come out of it BUT I am good with my southern Arkansas and Texas trips to get my fix.

Gone to Texas and Florida for them suckers. Caught a 10plus with stable warm weather on Fork, went to the Big O in Florida before a cool front and jacked them in mats on black and blue jig. Seen both sides good and bad. I wonder if stocking those fish they would stay shallow or grow accustomed to our deep lake and move deep throughout the year.