Weekend Fishing Report

9LB

Headed up for what I thought would be a tough weekend of fishing. It has been 3 weeks since I have set a hook so I was looking for whatever would bite. Sat morning tried doing some trolling. NO Good. 1 short eye on Blue Flickr Shad and one white bass. Tried fishing til about 11 am and then just went swimming. About 4pm went back at it with the Jig and a worm and really got into the fish. Caught 11 walleyes only 3 keepers with one nice 23" fat ole belly on this eye. WE went through 3 dozen nigthcrawlers in 1.5 hours. The cats are everywhere. Must of caught 15 and 5 real nice 4 plus lbers. Also had 1 nice LM about 4 lbs hit the worm and 3 drum.

Saturday morning things started out real slow then about 8 am we caught 4 eyes with 2 keepers and another 5 or so cats. Went to the points and started throwing smoke split tail grubs and caught 4 nice crappies and 2 smallmouth. 10 am or so and the fish just seem to disappear. Jig and a crawler was the weapon of choice. Went to the jigs tipped with crawlers cuz i was going through them so fast. I am not big on jighead color although I always have a painted one but my wife was using hot pink and the eyes were just hammering hers. Good thing they were keepers they had inhaled the jig. I switched to pink Sunday morning after a bit and it was game on.

I found fish jigging the old road beds on or near the flats and submerged ponds. Two spots produced most fo the fish

Water temp 82 and it seemed like 19 feet was the ticket. Nobody seemed to be having much luck. If your into the catfish you should be able to have one heck of a day. I would use worms vs al that other stuff they sell in the freezer. The pic show the grub thatI ended up fishing with each day after I went through all my worms!

post-12143-0-35945600-1377523183.jpg

I was not pulling up a whole lot on the finder. More of assuming they woudl be there and going back at different times. I always forget about the sunken ponds and foundations but they did well for me this weekend.

I was not pulling up a whole lot on the finder. More of assuming they woudl be there and going back at different times. I always forget about the sunken ponds and foundations but they did well for me this weekend.

No, we didn't see much either. Except on that little 100-foot long ridge, or roadbed, or whatever. Good show there. Lots of shad and active fish.

thnx for such a good report. sounds to me the fish are starting to cooperate again. im gonna try to see if i can get on a few crappie this coming saturday. I've been getting a few good reports coming out of griesser so if i cant get on the crappie i'm sure i can put on a crawler and head to the back of the creek and catch a nice cat or two.