Five More Went To Teal Heaven

BilletHead

Boy this hobby could get expensive. When there are few birds around (for me anyway) looking hard can be taxing. Found two places, rather large and expanse places holding birds, very few birds. Time to try again after three unsuccessful trips in a row. One place had seven birds and the other I would say fifty. Neither place had been hunted yesterday morning from what I could tell. Where I went was the larger group area. Seen footprints that could of been yesterday afternoon hunt? Any hoot I get there early and paddle the kayak to the spot. Took the wrong route on the way in and had to drag a bit. On the way out paddle all the way to the truck. Right off buzzed by pairs and triplets. Fifteen minutes before shooting time twenty dumped in and waited until six minutes before time and flew off but not too far. Then two pintails got right in my face, real close, pretty neat. Then nothing, I mean zilch flying. No other hunters either. Nadda, nothing but I could see the little flock about eighty yards away. Then they got up and moved closer. Every once and a while I would hit the teal call, they would lift there heads way up looking for the sound. All at once up they went bee lining it at me. Oh Crap they were on me. I picked a bird shot and two dropped, two more shots and two more hit the water. Had to shoot again to do in as one still alive. I will say four for four? Later a single came in to commit suicide with another shot. Five for five makes up for the day it took me four for one bird.

A photo of some birds, had put the camera away before retrieving last bird,

post-8405-0-01427500-1379617974.jpg

Plucked, pin feathers singed and ready for the fillet knife to slice off the goodness on either side of the breast bone,

post-8405-0-91825200-1379617987.jpg

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

SWEET. More will be coming in tonight through sunday the formula is right. Jetstream + Front + Fullmoon = Migration event :) I would not be shocked to see specks moving as well.

I hope so Scott but just three more days left. Maybe too little too late?

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Bad timing on the Game and Fish Season, We really need the full moon period to be the kickoff of teal season. But I am not complaining I have scratched out 24 so far but hunted almost every day so not the best averages or season but still got the rust off and had great company which makes it a great opening. KS Duck opens Oct 5th :) so its going be a very long season for me.