Dam Area Report This Past Weekend

Alex Heitman

Got down on Friday at 5. Was pretty spoiled since the fish were in a feeding frenzy with the rain and wind. Threw a blade the whole time and caught some bigger fish. K's Brown and LM. Caught what I think was my personal best smallmouth. No scale but would guess 4.5 +. LM and K's were all around 3.5 lbs. Caught about 10 and then it was dark so called it a night. The fish that night were in the back of a cove from 5 ft to right on the bank. Sat. And Sun. We really had to work for them. Could not get a wart or blade bite going at all. The fish seemed to be here and there and never had a pattern going. Fished primarily main lake and secondary points. Few fish came from the backs of creeks.Tried docks with jig and managed only one barely legal K.Pretty much just threw a 5xd all day long up to the the bank with a fast retrieve grinding the bottom all the way. Fished whatever spots looked good to me. Managed 8 fish all day Saturday, all keepers. Sunday morning was tough. Only one fish early until about 930 and then the wind really picked up and managed 6 fish. All Fat keeper K's. All on blade right on bank. If you weren't in the strong wind you weren't catching anything.Lost a big LM by dock walkway due to the darn cable lol. Overall a good trip and can't wait until Nov 2nd for the big bass tourney. Good Luck