December 1St. Nightmare On Aunts Creek

Bill Babler

Good golly for us yesterday I just don't think it could have been harder. Good Friend and Client Jerry K. and son Brian took in directly on the nose.

Son Steven and I had fished Saturday after my Taneycomo trip and we fished out of Baxter. Had 18 in about 2 hrs. with 10 pretty nice keeps. Most deep.

Picked up the Boys Sunday at their dock in Aunts and just could not get bit deep or shallow. Ran up to Baxter and had gulls and Loons diving on the shad above the deep fish we caught the day before.

We were using a spoon and a grub and the fish would worm up and charge the bait in the 20 foot range over as deep as 60', but would not take it. Had a total of 4 fish. 3 bass and a gill on a wart. It was just brutal.

Beck was having the same trouble, but he did light on a deep stop he said they bit a little for about 45 minutes and then would just run from it like they were early.

Buster also had a rough day on Bull, but pulled it out of the fire when his client caught a 8 pounds LM on one of the last casts of the day. He said he had 5 bass and 2 walleye. Remember last year his success with the eyes, starting about this time of the year. Lake is 7 feet higher and he thinks it will be tougher this year, but he is after them again.

Good golly for us yesterday I just don't think it could have been harder. Good Friend and Client Jerry K. and son Brian took in directly on the nose.

Son Steven and I had fished Saturday after my Taneycomo trip and we fished out of Baxter. Had 18 in about 2 hrs. with 10 pretty nice keeps. Most deep.

Picked up the Boys Sunday at their dock in Aunts and just could not get bit deep or shallow. Ran up to Baxter and had gulls and Loons diving on the shad above the deep fish we caught the day before.

We were using a spoon and a grub and the fish would worm up and charge the bait in the 20 foot range over as deep as 60', but would not take it. Had a total of 4 fish. 3 bass and a gill on a wart. It was just brutal.

Beck was having the same trouble, but he did light on a deep stop he said they bit a little for about 45 minutes and then would just run from it like they were early.

Buster also had a rough day on Bull, but pulled it out of the fire when his client caught a 8 pounds LM on one of the last casts of the day. He said he had 5 bass and 2 walleye. Remember last year his success with the eyes, starting about this time of the year. Lake is 7 feet higher and he thinks it will be tougher this year, but he is after them again.

bill

was reading about watching bass come up to your bait and shy away. this is when you have to back away from the bass and cast. i have even seen times when the bite is forty feet deep and you could not get over them. you had to cast and work your lure through them. we experienced this yesterday the 3rd. we caught at least 80% of our bass by casting. this is where it takes practice in knowing how to maintain a somewhat constant level with the lure you are using., but it will pay dividends on those days when you can not get a bite while over the bass.

bo

I'm sure Bill being an inexperienced fisherman and all, didn't even think of that. Great advice. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

i am sure that bill IS an experienced fisherman, but in his post, he only mentioned watching them on the electronics, which meant to me that they did not cast any. just thought it worth mentioning to help others when dealing with that situation.

bo