Bowl

ozark trout fisher

I'm a bit late to this party. I work for a living ;)

I would have loved to see the defense "adjust" and make a stop or two, but this idea that there was some magic bullet that would've stuffed Auburn is just silly. They steamrolled us. A middle-aged dude with X's and O's ain't gonna suddenly stop the steamroller. For a football fan, that was a thing of beauty. Too bad it had to happen to us.

I thought Mizzou played admirably in the game. We learned that our defense was capable (at times) but ultimately not up to the challenge. Lest we forget that Alabama and their vaunted D gave up 300 yards rushing to Auburn. We were simply not capable of stopping them.

We also learned our offense is very good. We kept taking hits and rising up and hitting back. I thought it was a gutsy game and we ultimately ran out of gas. Nothing at all to be ashamed of.

I LOVE the Cotton Bowl matchup. Have we graduated from the Big 12 or are we still just pretenders? Are we really as good as we think we are? I think this is a big pride game, for both sides. I like Mizzou very much in this one, but OK State is for real. Should be a slugfest.

The FSU-Auburn game of course is the game we're all waiting for. If Jimbo can figger out them Auburn boys then bully for him. I have a feeling this'll be another slugfest but Auburn's D will wither at the end, and maybe FSU rises. In the end though I'll go with Auburn and the SEC's 8th straight.

It has been a great year in college FB. Thank God Mich St did us all a favor and eliminated the OSU charade. This year's version of last year's Notre Dame.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see how it goes. I'd disagree that a loss to the Cowboys would prove Missouri a pretender. 11 wins and a division championship has already negated that possibility. But combined with the Auburn loss, it would leave a sour taste after a great season.

The bottom line is we are in a great bowl playing a great team in January, so I'm pretty excited. I feel in many ways Oklahoma State has been a near carbon copy of Mizzou lately......both very good, consistent programs that don't get a whole lot of recognition nationally for whatever reasons. And both teams are having better than average years, so it should make for a good matchup.

I have a good friend who is connected to some inside football people; I saw him on Monday and he said two things: OK State will kick our butts and Maty Mauk is for real. I said no way and thought Mizzou might handle the Cowboys and he more or less said "good luck." So take that for what it's worth. The smart money it seems is on the Cowboys.

The smart money meanwhile also loves Maty Mauk. We got a glimpse of it this year but my guy is saying to watch out next year, he could put on a real show. Should be fun to watch. Maybe we'll see him take a series or two in Arlington.

The smart money bet against Mizzou all season. And thought Florida was going to be a contender until Mizzou beat them. I don't know how anybody can be so sure that Okie Lite is better until you can find where they played common opponents. I have no idea how the game will go...lots of intangibles such as how each team reacts to losing the last game and not being where they really wanted to be.

I have a good friend who is connected to some inside football people; I saw him on Monday and he said two things: OK State will kick our butts and Maty Mauk is for real. I said no way and thought Mizzou might handle the Cowboys and he more or less said "good luck." So take that for what it's worth. The smart money it seems is on the Cowboys.

The smart money meanwhile also loves Maty Mauk. We got a glimpse of it this year but my guy is saying to watch out next year, he could put on a real show. Should be fun to watch. Maybe we'll see him take a series or two in Arlington.

Yeah, Mauk looks good as the QB of the future. The SEC is going to be stripped of experienced QBs, so Mauk will have the chance to be an all conference type player.

I don't think anyone, "insider" or not, has any idea how the Cotton Bowl will pan out. They are two evenly matched teams.

DGB has finally arrived. He looked great IMO.

No doubt. I thought in high school he was headed for some greatness. I still think he will and it will be sad to see him go pro because you tend to lose track of players then. While i had hoped he would go to OU, I was happy he chose MU, which I didn't expect.

An athletic, fast 6'6" receiver with good hands is gold!

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

Assuming he goes pro after the 2014 season, even getting a guy like DGB for three years is a real treat. Mizzou usually develops 3 star players and it works out great, but the buzz around having the #1 recruit was still a good thing. And now no one can call him a disappointment. He really broke out against Kentucky. That was one of the best games any wide receiver has had this year. He's been playing at a high level most of the year, though.

Getting players to the NFL is about the best thing possible for recruiting and the image of the program, so if DGB does declare after next year and has a great NFL career, we probably shouldn't act like that's a bad thing. Just look at Sheldon Richardson this season. It's always good to have young NFL players from your school succeeding.

Mizzou usually develops 3 star players and it works out great,

Getting players to the NFL is about the best thing possible for recruiting and the image of the program, so if DGB does declare after next year and has a great NFL career, we probably shouldn't act like that's a bad thing.

I think all teams are always loaded with 3 start players. The thing is it isn't what many think however. A 3 star player has a lot of talent, there are many high school players and the ones deemed worth of starting in college are 3 star, above that the numbers thin considerably.

It won't be a bad thing when DGB declares, I don't think there is much doubt, but I do think he will go early and likely to a team most of us don't follow and that's always a bummer.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.