Larry's

skilch

• Members

We come over every catch and release season for a weekend and always enjoy staying at Larry's. I left Kay an email about coming over and have not heard back from her.

Is the resort open this winter?

If not, where would you recommend us staying-preferably close to the park.

Thanks,

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see thier website is apparently gone. I was on it right after the season closed and I got the impression that the store was closing, but maybe they meant all of it? Rogers may get that Orvis franchise yet, unless Charley backs up and works something out.

If Larry's is indeed closed I would imagine the park will buy it and tear it down.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

Interesting. I could see where they might do a lease type arrangement.

Ed and Kay had to fight the problem of distance from the park when they owned Springview and while it didn't hurt them with the large number of clientele they had, it was hard to replace them when they moved on.

Running a business in the Bennett area is intensive for most and not all that rewarding financially.

Yeah, but I have to give him credit he paid as he went and wasn't afraid to screw someone once in awhile. I don't know what his mothers status is, but she had some land and wasn't poor.

For awhile Larry's son Kelly was running the store though you would see Larry there sporadically. I haven't seen Kelly around the store the last year or so. Maybe he decided to pursue something different. I would imagine Larry is ready to hang it up-at least the store. His wife pretty much ran the cabin operation out of the house.

Kelly was there during the week when I went in there. Ed was running it on weekends, and some during the week also.

I suspect the fact that the web site is down is a sign there's a change coming. I don't have Ed's number anymore, but I'm sure Charley knows what's going on.