• Members

Been out to Springfield twice within the last few days, including today. Fished for a couple hours in the afternoon both times. Nada. I suppose it could be just bad timing on my part, I go fish when I can, but I couldn't believe it when I didn't even get a bite today. Seemed perfect. Throwing pretty much everything in my tackle box, plus nightcrawlers. Is anybody else frustrated, or am I just inept this year?

• Members

Springfield can be tricky, now that there is so much pressure on the lake. I used to go out every night and catch a few but it seems like the fish have disappeared. I was out there Monday and seen a bunch of fish on my graph. They were all scattered about in front of the old boat ramp but I couldn't find a bite. I seen a few huge bait balls out there too. The Monday before last I managed two crappie but nothing more. I hadn't caught a crappie (of size) out there in about a year.

I suggest getting a cheap kayak and heading to fellows. Fellows has been great to me this year, so far.

• Members

I suggest getting a cheap kayak and heading to fellows. Fellows has been great to me this year, so far.

Can't afford a kayak, and even if I could, I don't have a place to store it or a way to haul it. I've tried fishing from various places on the shoreline at Fellows, but I haven't had any luck there either.

I fished Springfield lake this morning, 2 small smallmouth , a couple of 10" LM's, and a few bluegill, caught most of them on a chartruse/white Clouser #6. Fished above the 65 bridge

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

www.missouritrout.com/timsflyshop

• Members

Went out a week ago and all was quiet for about an hour and I threw everything, fished deep and shallow with no results. Then about 6:30pm, bass started bustin' shad in the shallows across from the boathouse. Caught a bunch of quality fish with only 1 dink. Caught on buzzbait, swimbait, and finally switched to a fluke since I missed a few on the faster baits. The frenzy lasted about 45 minutes then tailed off as the sun went down.

• Members

Went out from 930-1130 today, caught a nice largemouth, 14 in, over a pound on a Chatterbait. Had another bite and missed hookset right after. It's been slim pickins for the bank fishers so far. They get spooked real easy at this point and hide from the pressured areas fairly well. If you're able to trek a bit of the greenways and fish some of the northside of the lake, you may have better luck this time of year. They seem to be moving to find beds from what I've noticed.

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." -Herbert Hoover

Check out my website! www.beardedbassmaster.com

I've got a blog! Bass, Beards, and Brews!

Follow me on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/beardedbassmaster