whites

bassfisher

I was on the Liitle Sac yesterday at Taylor Bridge, water temp at 60 degrees after 2 days in the 70's. No white bass to be found. I wonder if they aren;t going to make a run up the river and just spawn in the lake.  Where is Coffman cove anyway I'm not familar with that spot. Is it neat high point?  By the way whites do not make a bed when they spawn they just get close to one another and release their eggs and sperm.

The answer may not lie at the bottom of a glass, but you should always check

The spawning season for the white bass is mid-March to late May. The optimal water temperatures are 12 to 20 °C (54 to 68 °F). They are known to find their home spawning ground even if it is moved to a different part of the same lake.[9] They often spawn in moving water in a tributary stream, but they will spawn in windswept lake shores.[9] They spawn during daylight. Females release 242,000 to 933,000 eggs which stick to the surface of objects.[9] Eggs are laid in clear, relatively shallow water on plants, submerged logs, gravel, or rocks.[10] The parents move to deeper water and do not care for the young fish. The young fish live in shallow water for a while until they move to deeper water.[9]

When trying to find a female with whom to mate, males will bump against a female's abdominal area. The female will then rise closer to the surface and begin spinning and releasing eggs. Several males that have stayed in the area will be able to fertilize the eggs the female releases.[11]I just

I just looked this up .  Last year in South Dakota the white bass were spawning on rip rap.  We saw several pods of 4-6 fish swirling around in a tight ball so I guess they were doing it there right in front of us, Get a room!

The answer may not lie at the bottom of a glass, but you should always check

First cove on right  below Aldrich access  just pass road bed    

Think they'll be back  when clock says to         

Dprice

priceheatingair.com 

I was on the Liitle Sac yesterday at Taylor Bridge, water temp at 60 degrees after 2 days in the 70's. No white bass to be found. I wonder if they aren;t going to make a run up the river and just spawn in the lake.  Where is Coffman cove anyway I'm not familar with that spot. Is it neat high point?  By the way whites do not make a bed when they spawn they just get close to one another and release their eggs and sperm.

About a mile up the river on the left from highpoint launch,  you can see 215 bridge from there

Are you shure you don't mean 123 the 215 bridge is up by cedar ridge

Cedar ridge is west of 245 off 215 . He probably means 215 bridge just west of Morrisville. More likely Steel bridge, it's a little farther away to Taylor and even a few miles farther to 215 bridge from high point.