General Truman Lake Question

LoweSTX175

Gents (and Ladies) - I'm currently looking into possibly buying a lake cabin/home.  I believe Truman Lake might be the lake that fits my desire.  Only issue is I can honestly say I've never fished or hunted in and around this particular lake.  I'm actually a Stockton Lake guy, but would like to find a place closer to KC where I live.  I was wondering if a handful of you might help me out with understanding a specific part of the lake.  I've found a few places in the are I have circled in this screen shot.

My main goal is to find a place close to the lake where I have access to both decent fishing as well as a place where I could duck hunt during the winter months.  Is the are I've highlighted a place where people would recommend for both of those activities?

Thanks in advanced for any sort of feedback.

Truman.jpg

I have a place close to Pomme de Terre Arm. So far for fishing and Hunting is outstanding, seriously considering moving there permanent.

I've always liked the Lake up by the Clinton area.

Truth until more move in I can't say there is a Bad area around the Lake.

I enjoy fishing the Lake and from where I am I like the Warsaw area below the Dam.

oneshot

• 1 month later...

Looks like that's south of Snyder corner, I know 4 people with places in that area. Two have places in ricochet ridge and two have places on across the lake off of zz. 

I don't know anything about hunting but as far as fishing it can be good. The worst thing about it is in the spring that area is a mudslide.  All the water from hillsdale to Fort Scott comes through there so it gets real dirty.  This spring we ended up putting in just north on the grand arm to catch anything.  

Other than that it's a pretty quiet area. Id check it out thoroughly for yourself though. It doesn't bother me with my Lowe but the ramps in that area have no docks. One is just a gravel bank in fact. Be sure you take everything down with you because there's nothing around lol. 

Ok I have fished on down towards 82 HWY and did very Good. Duck hunting should be great in that area. Gets better towards Clinton.

oneshot