Thoughts on black lights for night fishing

D Mann

2 hours ago, 96 CHAMP said:

Cody, are those the cool white colors you have for lighting in your boat, and do you have the set on a dimmer also? Been trying to figure out which would be the best color for lighting and not bothering my eyes when I use them at night. I am leaning strongly to the Blue Water set up, I never thought of mounting the black lights above the rub rail on my Champion, I really like that Idea, thanks for that tip. Was wandering if you went and cut your rail for your front running lights, seems that is a must or did you do the same as your black light set up and put them just above the rub rail. Thanks for the Tips!!

Thank you. Yeah also have my console and livewell on a dimmer. Seems to help expecially on no moon or little moon nights where the lights seem really bright. 

Yeah my running lights are also above the rub rail. 

17 minutes ago, Codywskeeter1521 said:

Thank you. Yeah also have my console and livewell on a dimmer. Seems to help expecially on no moon or little moon nights where the lights seem really bright. 

Yeah my running lights are also above the rub rail. 

Thanks Cody,I appreciate the info, I am planning on purchasing the set up this weekend, it may be a bit before I can send some pics, but will when I get to it, Thanks again

3 hours ago, 96 CHAMP said:

Cody, are those the cool white colors you have for lighting in your boat, and do you have the set on a dimmer also? Been trying to figure out which would be the best color for lighting and not bothering my eyes when I use them at night. I am leaning strongly to the Blue Water set up, I never thought of mounting the black lights above the rub rail on my Champion, I really like that Idea, thanks for that tip. Was wandering if you went and cut your rail for your front running lights, seems that is a must or did you do the same as your black light set up and put them just above the rub rail. Thanks for the Tips!!

Yeah my running lights are also above the ru

11 minutes ago, 96 CHAMP said:

Thanks Cody,I appreciate the info, I am planning on purchasing the set up this weekend, it may be a bit before I can send some pics, but will when I get to it, Thanks again

Hey no problem. If you have any questions on install please don't hesitate to message me. You'll be extremely pleased.