Lake is way up

jeb

Up 6 feet, according to the COE site. Prairie Creek cove is a mess after that storm. Never seen so much debris floating around. Lake level is way up and it's muddy. They had to close Old Prairie Creek road that day. Be some tough fishing right now I'd wager.  

John B

08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha

• Members

Put in at PC today and it was terrible . Junk in water everywhere. Sure didn’t stop a lot people as there were lots of boats out today . Caught one on senior and one on jerkbait. 

I doubt they'll drop it much, given the history of the last few years. I heard that 1/8 of the population of Arkansas gets its drinking water from Beaver, so they tend to like to keep it as full as they safely can heading into the dryer summer season. It's likely to be a very slow return to normal pool, IMO.

John B

08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha

• Members

Looks like the COE is going to hold the lake elevation around 1128.50 for awhile. They've closed the flood gates when they reached it. Been holding steady around that elevation for the past couple of days. Rainy week ahead for next week. It'll be interesting what happens next.

We'll be high for a while.  On the lake forecast report from the corps, our forecast empty date is Aug 1st.  Beaver is always the last to drain and that does not count in future rain we have.  As bull rises and table rock dumps their excess into bull, our empty date will continue to get pushed back farther. 

Nice thing about Beaver is that the ramps are built to be useable at the top of pool.  As long as it is not super muddy or a lot of debris floating around, I don't mind the lake level being up.