White Hole access 3/15

netboy

Launched the boat at White Hole ramp around 9 this morning. Ran upstream to Gaston's and made several drifts in that general area. Fishing started off a bit slow but picked up later in the morning. Ended the morning with 10 rainbows. Caught a couple dead drifting a tandem rig of white shad streamers and the rest on an orange slush egg under an indicator. Lots of boats out with the spring break crowds and some decent weather for a change. 

Here's a pic of the biggest rainbow...

3-15.jpg

• Members

I was down there around this time, with the higher water I struggled to get my drift down.  Were you drifting a weighted rig?  I have drifted on taney before with 15' of tippet below my indicator, but didnt have time to try that method.

Heading back down in a few weeks and hoping to figure out a drift a little bit.  Any help would be great.

10 hours ago, steven tolly said:

I was down there around this time, with the higher water I struggled to get my drift down.  Were you drifting a weighted rig?  I have drifted on taney before with 15' of tippet below my indicator, but didnt have time to try that method.

Heading back down in a few weeks and hoping to figure out a drift a little bit.  Any help would be great.

I was using a 9 foot leader with another 3 feet of 5x tippet. All the flies are weighted with lead wraps and tungsten beads, so no split shot. I drift the streamers with no indicator and then add an indicator when using eggs.