Any Winter Trips To Bennett Planned?

rcguy

I'm thinking of heading down sometime this winter for a day on the stream and just wondered if others were planning the same. It would be fun to meet down there and have lunch, shoot the bull and fish. It just gets a little boring down there by yourself. Just wondering....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to get down there sometime this winter. Maybe we could come up with a day that works for both of us. Im heading to Montauk Dec. 7-9. It would be nice to get together and fish with you again. My dad wont come in this cold weather, have to wait till summer to get him there again.

Dennis :)

Dennis

Eat, Fish, Sleep,....Repeat

Member: ozarkflyfishers http://www.ozarkflyfishers.org/

I'm trying to figure out when I can get down there. So far in 2007 I have fished either BSP or Montauk at least 1 time every month they have been open. However November may be my void. I'm trying to get down sometime in December, stay a couple of days and tough out the cold! As long as I have power, my e-blanket, and my traveling companion D-dog!

blue line.png

I try to plan ahead about a week in advance based on the weather forecast. I'm planning on going down on 11/30. Got out last Saturday .... had Zone 1 pretty much to myself ... fishing was great.

Cheers. PC

KFF-

I mentioned to the wife that the dog needed to go camping in her pop up but she didn't bite. I actually was looking at this weekend but I have been hammered all week, don't have time to put it together. Plus it appears to be a little wet. Would like to get together and see how paramedics fish. I know my boss and some of our other Coppers can't, hopefully FFer's can.

blue line.png

Well it sounds like we all agree we want to go fishing! I have no clue when I can really go. I was kinda thinking the over xmas 4 days off I would head down on Sat the 22nd or Sun the 23rd just to get a day out of the house. Probably just spend sat OR sun. and head home. Just rambling here but might be possible. If that doesn't work, there's always January!

RC-

I'm off from the 21st till the 3rd and plan on getting a couple days in down there also. I'm going to pull the PUP down and tough out the cold, just have to find a place to land it. Hopefully something in Campground 1 will be open if not, I will check out some of the private places.

If all else fails I will drive the extra 1 1/2 hours to Montauk. All of their campgrounds are open.

blue line.png

You might want to try your winter camping at Circle J campground, it's between the two park entrances. I started winter camping there about 15 years ago and eventually turned into a year round camping resident. The camping on the hillside is warmer than down in the valley and if you want to pick up some local TV you can get reception up there. There is a restroom under the cafe and the cafe is open this winter. Their number is 417-532-4430.