Niangua Brown

dennis boatman

Do I hear 21? I can never guess. That is a beauty, thick and tall. Photos never do them justice.

That river is holding some seriously overlooked browns. Let's hope they remain overlooked.

true

A strike indicator is just a bobber...

We've caught good ones sporadically. The big ones are cagey for sure. That fish looks thick for sure. I've seen 20 inch fish that weigh lots less than the pictured fish. I think river browns run like river smallmouth. Some are current fish that look like torpedoes, some are pocket fish that look like footballs. The Niangua is full of surprises.

I wish I had more time more than I wish I had more money.

• 6 months later...

Now that we live in California, I can give details...She caught it just above where they take the canoes upriver from Barclay...Ive caught many there, just not that size...

Now that we live in California, I can give details...She caught it just above where they take the canoes upriver from Barclay...Ive caught many there, just not that size...

At the riffle?

oneshot

What took u guys out west. I sure did enjoy fishing with u that one time was hoping to get to do it again but guess your gone

California has a lot to offer outdoor wise. We live in Sonora in the foothills of the Sierra. Bass and Crappie 20 minutes down the hill, TROUT and lots of them walking distance from the front door...