OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fish24/7

8/27 8/28

Took a drive today to check the lake out and look for a spot to fish tomorrow. As I'm pulling out of the garage a voice in my head said "the lake is a lot lower now than the last time you fished, better grab a pole and walk the shore ". So I jumped out, grabbed a rod with a spinnerbait on it, thew it in the truck and headed out. Went to 3 places trying to find the best option.  Funny thing is everywhere  I went I caught bass from the bank.  2 or 3 at each spot, no keepers, but enough  action to get me interested. Hadn't been anywhere near the lake in weeks but from what I saw today there are fish shallow near drop offs. .  Thing is will they be there tomorrow,and will they bite??? Not sure which place to put in at because they all looked awesome!  

When I got home I re spooled a few reels that had old line on them since Spring.   Made sure everything is good to go for in the morning.  Will report back tomorrow afternoon.  Plan is to fish from daybreak till around noon.

Arrived at the lake at 6:00am. First bite was around 6:30 on a pop r.  Didn't take long to find a pattern.  Isolated bushes in 2-3fow. Caught 8. 7 were keepers all largemouth.  Nothing huge but fun anyway.

This was the biggest fish. 

Notice the one bush sticking up in the background 

20190828_065545.jpg

20190828_100510.jpg

Caught 3 off this bush.  2 were keepers 

Called it quits at 10:30.

Member of the Twin Lakes Walleye Club have been catching Walleye mostly on bottom bouncers or trolling. I suggest any angler interested in Walleye fishing on Bull Shoals Lake to join this club. Here is a link to the club (link). As a member, you will receive reports like the three below. We receive these types of reports on a daily basis from the club.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Well I guess I won't  be catching any walleye where I'm fishing lately. .  Deepest water is about 12 to15 ft. According  to the map I'd have to go a long way with just a trolling motor to find 30ft.