Broken Bow/lower Mtn Fork 2010

FlyfishinOK

• Members

We made our yearly float trip down to the Broken Bow area. It was a really fun trip. Great cabin, Great weather as long as you were inside or close to cool water. We put my small boat in at Holly Creek Camp area to explore the upper part of the lake/river. We did some trolling over points heading out to deep water and fished some deep rocky structures. Caught one submerged tree...

2nd day we floated the lower below re-reg dam. Caught some nice spots, smallies & bluegill. Enjoyed the scenery & drank a few beers.

3rd day I got up early and hit the trout stream by myself. Hiked back up the river away from the crowds and found a few really nice rainbows. I left my net in the truck so I couldn't manage any pix without hurting the fish. Later in the day my wife went back down to the trout area for a few hours with me. She caught her first trout on the LMF when she held the net up for a picture it flopped out and into the creek...she was mad! We saw some really big trout that had something wrong with their jaw. Ended up catching about a dozen rainbows and one brown. In the evening we put the boat in the river between the trout area and the fly shop. We caught bass and bluegill like crazy until about an hour before dark. Then the fish were done so we cruised around looking at the beautiful trees, turtles, fish, bugs etc.....

Upper end of Broken Bow Lake

CIMG0326.jpg

Beaver Bend State Park

CIMG0373.jpg

Evening Hole

CIMG0374.jpg

Lost Creek Area

CIMG0381.jpg

Brown

CIMG0396.jpg

CIMG0392.jpg

Gheenoe at the entrance to Bee Branch

CIMG0485.jpg

Trees & Rocks! They were full of spots & gills

CIMG0459.jpg

CIMG0440.jpg

Bass

CIMG0346.jpg

Cabin

CIMG0329.jpg

CIMG0331.jpg

The wife and I made out first visit to Broken Bow in 1974. From then until the 90's it was our favorite lake destination. In some ways I wish Table Rock were more like there.

Nice pics! great spot and it is very pretty down there.

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

I hope to be down there soon to check out some potential customers. Can't wait to see this area now...

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

Those pics bring back some memories. I haven't been on the lake in over 30 years, but I always liked it for the scenery, it never fished that well for me. When my kids, they're both in their 40's now, were kids we used to go to the park on occasion. The deer at that time were everywhere and malnourished with a heavy infestation of ticks. They would come to you begging. It was kind of a sad sight, but hunting in the park was outlawed. Eventually they started a controlled hunt and the deer eventually returned to their normal habits. They were still visible, but not at your feet. It was a good example of too much protection versus good management.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

• Members

thanks for the kudos guys. We go down several times a year and it's always a great time.

I picked up the Gheenoe from a kid in Broken Arrow. He was from Florida close to where they are made. We use it ALOT! It's perfect for places like this. I've had it up to 18 mph with a gas motor and it cuts just like a bass boat. Feels like your going 35 or more...lol.