Need A Little Advice

Jason Marchetti

• Members

I'll be going out in the morning about 7:00am till 11:00am. I typically fish 4-5 days a week a few hours a day. I live on Roaring River Arm so i typically fish between Eagle Rock area to Big M/Viney (points 25 & 26 i believe). I use plastics 90% of the time texas rig. You guys know any good spots or what i should use and what colors this time of year. Any info would be great..Thanks

PS i love this forum i read all the time...thanks again

Jason

Jason, I am confused by your post. You fish 4-5 days a week? You should be telling us the spots .

Dennis Boothe

Joplin Mo.

For a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing

in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

~ Winston Churchill ~

Try dragging football jigs down 45 degree banks instead of soft plastics. I use 15 pound fluro instead of mono. I think it helps me.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

Jason - head up in some of the creeks in your area. Throw footbal jigs in the 1/2 ounce size range on some chunk rock banks that drop pretty quick. You might also want to try some crank baits in craw fish colors on this same type of bank. If you like plastics, throw some 4 inch smoke colored grubs in and around timber.

Good luck!

• Members

lol i do fish quite frequently but what point i was getting at was all the shorties this time of year...Friday i ended up fishing the bluff across from Big M and hadn't had much luck caught a few shorties around 10:15am on texas rig Baby Brushog Pumpkin color...before that i ran into an old friend at Big M so i shot the breeze with him for a while so i didnt get a lot of fishing done that day.....Sunday i was having much luck early morning with buzz bait so i fished right across from point 25 on the bluffs and trolled down from end to end where theres some dead trees out of the water and from around 10:45-noon i caught around 9 Kentucky's only 1 keeper all in about 12-24ft. depth ....I used that day texas rig 1/8th Oz. Bullet weight with Yum Brand purple 7 1/4" worm, a 8" watermelon worm and Baby Brush Hog Watermelon color also....All those fish were 11-13.5" (besides the keeper it was just 16").Then i went out yesterday morning 8:30-10:00 but it rained on me almost the whole time..Used a white single blade spinner bait in about 16-24ft of water and didn't have much luck.

I have been hearing about these football head jigs im going to have to go to walmart today and buy a handful i guess...If it starts getting a little cooler i might start trying to fish the coves since they may being moving to warmer water...thanks everyone and i try to document all the fish i catch but its mostly on facebook...ill post back more with pictures...Thanks Again

Jason

• Members

Just my opinion but i dont believe walmart has the quality jigs you should be using. Then again if you can hook em' and not loose em' then thats all that counts. I personally throw Chompers, Jewel, and personally made jigs.

Tyler- 2015 Phoenix 920, 250 Pro XS, HDS 12, 2 HDS 9', Dual Powerpole Pro Series II, Thanks to McCallister Marine, Powerpole, Lew's, Penmac, Denali Rods, Phoenix, BassCraft Crankbaits, Best Discount Mufflers & Brakes, Pro-Guide AGM/Battery Outfitters & Mercury Marine.

• Members

im guessing im going to have to make a trip up to bass pro and drop a little money very soon...i just got "serious" lately after i got a new truck and boat.....got a 1995 17' Nitro 115 HP Mercury. Had it about 2 months so im still super excited...but i'm guessing there's not a lot of fishing shops around barry county...i just thought wal-mart wouldn't be that bad of a place for plastics...anyhoo i guess i need to keep up on the fishing reports and keep digging for my first lunker (my def of lunker is over 5lbs) :D...

• Members

im guessing im going to have to make a trip up to bass pro and drop a little money very soon...i just got "serious" lately after i got a new truck and boat.....got a 1995 17' Nitro 115 HP Mercury. Had it about 2 months so im still super excited...but i'm guessing there's not a lot of fishing shops around barry county...i just thought wal-mart wouldn't be that bad of a place for plastics...anyhoo i guess i need to keep up on the fishing reports and keep digging for my first lunker (my def of lunker is over 5lbs) :D...

Why don't you try www.tacklewarehouse.com . You get free shipping on orders over 50 dollars or 5 dollars for 2 day shipping, and 10 for next day shipping. there is also no tax being charged to you