Divers Take Note

Justin Spencer

Nothing ground breaking here that people in the diving community haven't seen first hand over the last few decades, but a good article that sheds some light on how global warming is effecting the oceans. Wish we could find a way to make the global community take heed of the warnings that "mother earth" has been giving us for decades. Guess it will just have to wait until the economy improves. Frustrating, if Al Gore couldn't get things going what can we, as hillbillies do to help. Any suggestions.

Check out the article, and get to your local reef while you still have a chance. If you have never snorkled or dove on a coral reef it is an experience that as water lovers you owe to yourself. The Florida Keys are your closest bet, or find a cheap cruise from New Orleans to Cozumel and get out and do it, I think diving is the closest thing to flying that there is and the most beautiful scenery in the world is found just a few feet under the surface of the ocean.

Even if you don't care about the reefs this article explains how global warming really isn't about the atmospheric day to day temp. give it a read.My link

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin, here is something you can do....quit listening or reading anything Al Gore says or writes. He is the ManBearPig and is a hypocrite. Consider the source of this article for christ sake....give me a break!!!!

Smallie get your head out of the sand the world is changing whether you choose to believe it or not. Give ME a break!!

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Dead Drift Fly Shop

Smallie get your head out of the sand the world is changing whether you choose to believe it or not. Give ME a break!!

Maybe he just figures it's all in accordance with the will of the great bugaboo in the sky? Seems to be a popular reason why folks have their ears full of sand, eyes wide shut, prayers on their lips and smiles in their faces...

;)

cricket.c21.com

Maybe he just figures it's all in accordance with the will of the great bugaboo in the sky?

Maybe so, that sure would make things easier, why worry about didymo or zebra mussels and we all know that fossils were put here by the great bugaboo down below to test our faith. Dig that coal, burn that oil it's all part of a plan, lots of wasted effort stopping that oil leak just fed those microbes anyway, now what will they eat?

Dead Drift Fly Shop

Guest csfishinfool

Justin, here is something you can do....quit listening or reading anything Al Gore says or writes. He is the ManBearPig and is a hypocrite. Consider the source of this article for christ sake....give me a break!!!!

He's totally serial....

Maybe so, that sure would make things easier, why worry about didymo or zebra mussels and we all know that fossils were put here by the great bugaboo down below to test our faith. Dig that coal, burn that oil it's all part of a plan, lots of wasted effort stopping that oil leak just fed those microbes anyway, now what will they eat?

I say let them eat cake...

;)

cricket.c21.com

We can argue about whether man is warming the globe - I'm convinced there isn't significant man-madewarming. But using invasive species (that were moved into new habitats by man) as support for a man-made warming argument is silly. That sort of misinformation is dangerous too as it seems everything posted on the internet convinces a few of the uninformed that believe anything they read.

I wish I had more time more than I wish I had more money.