Wader Care

Njardar

After your waders are cleaned and dried how do you store them? I keep mine in a dedicated duffle bag with nothing heavy on top of them so they don't crease, but I'm wondering if this is OK or if there is a better way to store them during the off season.

- Charlie

After your waders are cleaned and dried how do you store them? I keep mine in a dedicated duffle bag with nothing heavy on top of them so they don't crease, but I'm wondering if this is OK or if there is a better way to store them during the off season.

- Charlie

First Charlie....what the heck is an OFF season..... :rolleyes:

A sage once told me that if your wader boots are dry then you "ain't fishin'" enough.

Outside of that, once they are dry, I think storing them in a wader bag will be fine.

I keep mine in one that has some mesh so it still allows air to circulate.

Dano

Glass Has Class

"from the laid back lane in the Arkansas Ozarks"

I left some waders in bag, in the garage once.......the mice really had fun with the contents. I hang mine up in the basement now.

I had a similar situation- left the waders hanging in the garage for a few months, and when I came back to them one leg had been turned into a dog-food cache by mice. Now they're hung, upside down, in a closet when I need to store them long-term.

Don't know what an off season is, maybe it is the time I spend in my duck waders and not in my fishing waders? But sometimes I hunt in my fishing waders and fish in my duck waders, so they all get some exercise throughout the year.

Since I have switched to all breathable waders, I let them dry and stuff them back in the sack or bag. Wash them in the washer every once in a while when they start smelling funky inside. You don't have to worry about creases. Neoprene was the same way, I have some that are 15 years old and still water tight. Rubber, you hang by the boots in a temperature controlled place away from rodents and cross your fingers that they won't leak the next time out.

One thing I have done with all my waders is to store them inside the house in a temperature controlled environment. They seem to last longer than my buddies that keep them in garages or storage buildings.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

• 2 months later...

i throw mine in the trunk of the company car. i'm seeing a trend with mice and waders, tomorrow headline: OAF members invent a better mousetrap!

Fish On Kayak Adventures, LLC.

Supreme Commander

'The Dude' of Kayak fishing

www.fishonkayakadventures.com

fishonkayakadventures@yahoo.com