Any Thoughts On Floating?

Has anyone floated the Beaver Tailwaters recently? I am looking for a float that will take around half a day. My primary concern is just hanging out and having a good time with friends and family, fishing is secondary for this trip. I imagine the water is about as low as it gets out there since Table Rock should be down quite a bit.

I guess my main concern is that the water is so cold on this tailwater; would probably like to float somewhere that we could jump and have a swim every now and then. Any thoughts on this?

Also, where would you all put in and take out? I was thinking maybe to do the dam site on down to Parker.

Beavers tailwaters holds trout which = cold water. Also it has boat traffice that would make it dangerous. I have seen guys on plane from houseman to beavertown between the two i would not think of it as a nice float trip.

I have seen people put in rafts below the darn and float to like Spider Creek, but man I would think you would turn blue before you reach there!! I tried to wade that in shorts once while fishing and had to give up because I got sooooo cold!

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!