Bank Fishing Walleyes

Bitethis

There isn't much water. In spite of the cold weather TR doesn't seem to be generating much and that hurts the fishing. For reference, you can walk to the rockpile from the west side. Swan is down to inches deep at the bluff.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meeting him in 45 minutes at the Pothole.

I gotta go...

I can't wait to get your report, good or bad. I'm curious

• Root Admin

k- Here goes.

We waded in just below the rock pile. No generation. We waded all the way across the lake to the Powersite side - it never got to our waste. Looked for fish- all Duane saw were small suckers.

Drove down across and up the Powersite side to the path in through the woods just below Silver Creek, parked and walked down to the gravel bar there. Casted a bunch using swimming minnows. It seems to be less than 8 feet deep- more like 6 feet. I lost 3 baits. No bites.

Drove down back across and down to Barker. Nothing. I'd like to know how deep it is down there too. Didn't seem like much more than 10 feet. We fished from the corner to the bluff.

Saw one boat on the lake between the bridge and Barker. Another gigging boat between Silver and the dam. No one else.

I'm sure it'll get good

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Well that's a bummer. I was really hoping that I had missed out and the fish were biting good.

There isn't much water. In spite of the cold weather TR doesn't seem to be generating much and that hurts the fishing. For reference, you can walk to the rockpile from the west side. Swan is down to inches deep at the bluff.

We have nothing to send at TR. We are at 905. Yes, that is correct, 29 feet below 2011.

We have nothing to send at TR. We are at 905. Yes, that is correct, 29 feet below 2011.

I know. They normally generate pretty heavy during the week in the winter, but not this year. Do you know what the bottom of the conservation pool is by chance?

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

I know. They normally generate pretty heavy during the week in the winter, but not this year. Do you know what the bottom of the conservation pool is by chance?

The listed bottom of power pool is 881. At that level everthing above Big M will look like a river and everyhting above Eagle Rock will be canoe country. Alan will ask all boat owners to remove their boats from Holiday Island Marina somewhere near 900.

Drove down back across and down to Barker. Nothing. I'd like to know how deep it is down there too. Didn't seem like much more than 10 feet.

Phil, you're pretty darn close. We boated up there from Beaver Creek last week and marked only 11-14 feet in the Barker channel. We were looking for walleyes, but it was like the Dead Sea up there. Didn't stay long....

• Root Admin

I was told second hand that a party gigging in that area said they've been seeing more 10+ pound walleye from Barker to the dam - more than they've ever seen.

Take it for what it is... second hand.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg