Evening Out Jigging

Phil Lilley

• Root Admin

Boated up to Lookout 4 pm today. They had been running water at 705, one unit, but they kicked it back to 703, 1/2 units about the time I got up there. Wishing to fish one full unit.

Started with a 1/8th oz olive/sculpin jig working the bluff bank. Not much. So switched to a while which really was my first choice. Caught several small rainbows right off the bat, then slowed down. The current didn't seem like it was moving as fast so I blamed the lack of bites on that.

I got down about half way to the Narrows and hung a really big fish. Big head shake. One 3-4 seconds and snap--broke line. Wasn't the knot... just a bad place in the line. Man I wish I could have at least seen it. Was running the gopro so would have gotten it on camera.

Worked on down using the white, then switched to sculpin/peach and caught some more. Fished all the way down to the boat ramp above Fall Creek and called it. Lots of rainbows under 10 inches, a few from 11-13 and probably a half dozen 14-15 inch.

Light midst, very dark, slight generation and a little breeze- that's perfect conditions to catch trout, especially on jigs. They just weren't that hungry!

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

• Root Admin

Lilley are you in your shop down their in branson most of the time.

That's a tough question.... I'm on the grounds in my office but not in the tackle store/resort office much. They don't let me touch the new POS system (never thought it would come to this...). BUT I CAN be. Let me know when you are coming over.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg