Muskie At Caplinger Mills

blue79

I was there Wednesday morning and caught some crappie. What time did this happen? Pretty cool, I need to check my sources about this. I think I even seen this guy while I was leaving there. I would love to know this fishes history,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

I was talking to the local agent here at loz a few years back. If I understood him correctly, he indicated that an occasional muskie is found in truman. Back in the 60's and 70's, when loz had a few muskie, most headed to the rivers.

I dont know what time they were there..Im positive he caught it there cause that is all they have been talking about,and that is the concrete bridge support on the east side of the bridge.Its always sandy on that side. i would say it came from the osage.The sac and osage meet at osceola.The osage and the sac have been there forever.Pomme would be a long trip but anything is possible.I would still love to catch one.

I think this is not as far fetched as one would think. I am thinking like above and escapee from Pomme down into Truman and then back up river into the Osage arm and then into the Sac up to Caplinger. I know the concrete and tree in the photo like blue79 mentioned. Talked to locals and they said it happened. Congrads to the young man who caught it. Chances are it will never happen again.

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

i took the pics off his phone and had my girlfriend go to walmart and got him the pics printed cause the phone will eventually die and the pics will be gone forever.It will be a while before he realizes what he actually caught.I throw my shad net at the other side of the bridge and one time i was getting some shad and had a full net and was pitching the crappie and baby bass back in and i found a little 3 inch fish that had dots on it and i just thought it was one of those little darter fish you find in creeks.That might have been a muskie.

They show up in LOZ every so often so I imagine it depends on whether they they turn right or left when they leave the Pomme arm. They do have have a better chance of getting to the Sac then going over Truman I would think.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...