Fishing Hurts?

• Root Admin

Quillback- you missed an episode a few months back where a bunch of OAF guys hit the google ad I think the number was about 125 times in one day- seeing that Peta is charged each time an ad is clicked. It also pays me when the ads are clicked on OA. Well, bottom line is that I wasn't paid anymore than normal- not sure what Peta was charged.

I looked thru their site... pretty interesting stuff. Some anglers do prove their point though, mishandling and even killing a fish before releasing it. The hooked dog is pretty gross- drives home their point, excuse the pun.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

those people are ridiculous. they talk about how horrible it is to take the life of an animal, or to use them for sport. if you take a good look at nature, animals do far worse to each other than hunters or fishermen. cats play with their food, making death anything but quick and painless; i know i'd rather be shot by a hunter than killed by a mountain lion or a pack of dogs or wolves; fish may feel a hook, but they are generally returned unharmed and sometimes caught multiple times in one day- obviously not too disturbed- also, other predators such as turtles and herons do far worse damage to fish they injure than a little hook ever could.

lets not forget the fact that people are part of nature, and that we are omnivores, not herbivores, not to mention the fact that we are the top of the food chain.

i absolutely despise people that have nothing better to do than find something to bitch about, inject their opinion where it is not welcome, and demonize those that disagree with them.

okay, i'm done venting.

Cute animals taste better.

Please Guys! The proper term is PETAphiles. Let's give them the respect they deserve every time we refer to them. We'll start a national movement to recognize them for their efforts by doing so!

The bottom line with the PETAphiles is that they assign more value to the life of a 'dumb animal' than they do to that of people. A value system unconducive to the understanding of "giving dominion" over the natural world as understood by Christian doctrine.

Their minions recently attacked flyfishermen and women on private property in the UK after being repulsed in their attampt to sabotage a grouse hunt.

We used to have an applicable bit of terminology to describe such behavior---we simply called them 'the idiot fringe'. Works for me.

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in their struggle for independence." ---Charles Austin Beard

• Members

What a perplexing header in the article on the Fishing Hurts website. It goes like this, "when it comes to feelings, a child is a dog is a fish"!

What has the world come to? I'm thankful that the Bible tells us that God gave us dominion over the fowls of the air and fishes of the sea. While I believe that is God's charge of responsibility to us to maintain His creation with thoughtful, careful stewardship, I also believe it's His message that animals aren't our spirtual and intellectual equal. In my opinion, to equate animals with humans at all levels only cheapens the value God placed on human life.

I'm also thankful He gave me parents who thought more of me than the family pets. :)

I have known Cripple Caddis for a very long time now and if he is passionate about anything its this subject.

As far as I know he coined Petaphiles and thinks of them about as much as he does Pedophiles.

My take is the same and there is a certain radical element among them that are as dangerous as any terrorist. The other day I heard a woman espouse why one shouldn't eat turkey. She said it was because they were higher up on the food chain than fish or chicken. Pashah!!!! I have no problems with vegans. I used to not eat meat, but it was for health reasons..not because their lips hurt when I put a hook in them.

Dano

Glass Has Class

"from the laid back lane in the Arkansas Ozarks"

I guess great minds think alike cuz I have called them Petafiles for years. Didnt know anyone else did. HEh heh

I would rather be fishin'.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759