Hey Quill

Feathers and Fins

LOL, no we did not fish near the secret ramp. We went to a secret spot near a secret cove first thing in the morning. We had a good early bite dragging c-rigs with Trick worms and speed craws on some 10-20 foot deep brush piles. Then things got tough, with just a fish here and there, Jeb out fished me 11 - 3 or something like that. I must have been wearing the wrong color t-shirt or something.

LOL, probably.

I was just on the phone with a friend who launched at another secret ramp further down lake he has 5 stripers and 4 crappie on the boat, From where he is at I would say 2 weeks max for stripers to be in the PC area and crappie to really be turned on, Though this front and cooling temps might speed things up. I will say when they reach our little ramp the amount of bait in the area will really turn things on. Could be one of the best top-water years in a long time.

Ya Dork knew and im still trying to figure out how I have GPS on my phone off so no way he could see it in the pics file. Im personally wondering if he has Lojacked my boat somehow.

Class didn't happen today (I'm taking a computer programming class at NWACC for fun, Friday class), so hit Beaver again. Caught the spots pretty good on c-rigs and drop shots, 15-35' deep. About 20 of them total, with some topping 2 pounds, and most of them legal. One smallie mixed in, but no LM. I mostly just went back and forth between a set of brush piles on a main lake point. Fished a couple of other main lake points and did well on spots on one and caught a 20" Walleye on the other (made the trip home with me). So a good day. They seemed more fired up than yesterday on the same spots. Maybe they can feel the cold front coming?

John B

08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha