Oaf Winter Swap 2014

mic

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flysmallie... We might have a problem. I didn't have anyflies that looked like that. Call me today or tomorrow before 8:00pm 618-334-7479 and lets see if we can figure out what happened.

Mike (aca MIC)

Hey Mic I forgot to tag my flies. So these are mine.

DSC_0124-L.jpg

Odd color for a frog I know, but they like them.

Hook: 3366 #6

Body: White and Black craft foam.

Legs: White and Black rubber legs.

Eyes: CCG 6mm Tempt

Well that's not good. I thought you said you had them? I mailed them on Feb 18th. I thought it was odd when you asked for my address since I included a self addressed stamped envelope for return.

I've got a few laying around but it would be a few days before I can get some more done.

You can either hold it another week until I get some more tied and get them to you or you can go ahead and send them and give me everyone's address and I'll send them directly to them. Either way I guess I gotta tie more flies. Won't happen tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Standby... let me go through my notes when I get off work. I'll go through my notes, and I'll post an update.

Flysmallie... I went through everything and it appears I did not get your package. What happened is I mixed you up with another OAF member, thus the request for your address and this mess. However, with that said, this is 100% my fault. By dumb luck did you have any tracking on it?

You absolutely should not have to (unless you want) to make up another batch of flies. So here is what I recommend:

1. I'll send you my set flies and keep any doubles. I'm not worried about it, because I enjoy the tying and communication as much as anything.

2. If you want you can send me a couple to try out and add to the recipe page. If you don't, I can just use your photo.

3. When I'm out your way or the other way around, I'll buy you lunch, a beer, or both.

4. Apologize profusely and humble myself in your online presence.

5. Beg for your forgiveness and the chance to make it up to you next winter.

FS... All kidding aside, I'm really sorry for this screw up. I try to make the winter swaps as enjoyable as possible, and I failed this year. Call me if you need to.

Finally... lesson learned for everyone and specifically me: Make sure you put your OAF name on your package to the swap master...and...your return envelope.

Well first of all I know that you don't know me very well but I'm not mad or upset in any way. All you need to tell me is that I'm SOL! :)

So here's the new breakdown:

1. Keep the flies. I can guarantee you need them more than me. Keep them please.

2. Yes I will send you some.

3. I don't need anything from you but I do like food and beer. Stream side would be preferred.

4. Bow down boy. :)

5. I forgive you but I don't consider it your fault. No worries.

The only thing that upsets me is not being able to give everyone what they deserve. So if anybody from the swap wants to try some frogs pm me your address and I'll get some out to you. I have some new black sparkly foam that should work great.

I want to see a few more pictures of it and what it looks like from the bottom. I need to tie some of those guys up.

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Well first of all I know that you don't know me very well but I'm not mad or upset in any way. All you need to tell me is that I'm SOL! :)

So here's the new breakdown:

1. Keep the flies. I can guarantee you need them more than me. Keep them please.

2. Yes I will send you some.

3. I don't need anything from you but I do like food and beer. Stream side would be preferred.

4. Bow down boy. :)

5. I forgive you but I don't consider it your fault. No worries.

The only thing that upsets me is not being able to give everyone what they deserve. So if anybody from the swap wants to try some frogs pm me your address and I'll get some out to you. I have some new black sparkly foam that should work great.

Thanks... Bowing down...