Bass Report And Surprise Walleye (11/29 - 12/1)

MOsmallies

Got down to the lake (25mm) on Friday about noon. On the water by 1:30 pm. Water temps 50-51. Tied on an A-Rig, Megabass 110, Wiggle Wart, and Football Jig. Ran some 45 degree banks, steeper bluff type banks and secondary points. Found bass on the bluff type banks and secondary points in about 5-10 feet of water but all were shorts 12-13" Spots and 10-14" Largemouth. Caught most on the Megabass 110 casting parallel to the bank. 1 or 2 fish off each spot and then had to move. Pulled up on a secondary lined with rip rap at about 3:45 pm and quickly caught a 12" spot. Few casts later I nailed my 1st ever LOZ Walleye (17"). Retied, made 3 or 4 more casts across the same point and nailed my 2nd ever LOZ Walleye (20"). Caught one more dink on the Wart and called it a day...

post-830-0-11139700-1386001629.jpg

I was only able to get out for a couple hours on Saturday and Sunday. Only caught 4 more fish running the same types of areas. 2 on the Megabass 110 and 2 on the A-Rig (outfitted with Danger Close swimbaits again). Only one of those was a keeper though, right at 15" on the Jerkbait. Another beautiful weekend on the lake weather-wise. Bass were a little slow, but the surprise Walleye made up for it. Totals for the weekend... 10 Bass and 2 Walleye in about 7-8 hrs of fishing.

Paul

MOsmallies

Location, location, location. Well done!! I was out for a few hours Friday in the Dam area throwing a bone colored pointer looking for walleye and all I could catch were crappie and those green fish...I'll keep looking.

nice report Paul :have-a-nice-day: can't wait to get Mitch down to your place for some steaks, booze and bass....possibly a friendly little tourney between Mitch the Guru and you and I ???? I'll bring a boat and some prime filets....you bring that smoker for the second night's delights......Filet mignon one night and smoked ribs the next.....my mouth's watering

nice report Paul :have-a-nice-day: can't wait to get Mitch down to your place for some steaks, booze and bass....possibly a friendly little tourney between Mitch the Guru and you and I ???? I'll bring a boat and some prime filets....you bring that smoker for the second night's delights......Filet mignon one night and smoked ribs the next.....my mouth's watering

Let's do it... I'm serious