Help!?!?

jschneids97

• Members

Hi, Me and my wife are visiting for the week on our honeymoon, and we are looking for some ideas on where to get started for finding some bass. I was out today 12/10/13 and found a few. What is going to be the ticket for em after this big cold front? How do you guys fish em? What should we be looking for and what kind of depths do you think? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are new to this deep water game and just looking for any advice we can get. Thank you so much in advance. Also I will gladly report my findings each day as we will be out all day for the next 4 days. Thanks in advance!

Just look at the recent reports and that should give you an idea of where to fish and how. Looks like the deep spoon bite is the best thing going if you have decent electronics and if not then try the jig in the 15-35 foot range. Can always try a jerk bait on steep banks and if they have wood on them then all the better. Good luck and enjoy yourself.

• Members

I would also throw the wart some on chunk rock. With the extreme cold we have had those bass may have moved up some now. Where did you fish out of? Was wondering if any ramps were open. Guess if you got out the answer is yes.

• Members

Today was brutally tough, we caught a few but nothing great. Had a true hog come rite up to the boat and swipe at it never to be seen again.. We are fishing out of the port of Kimberling. Ramp is in excellent condition. We have only seen a few boats in the past 2 days out. When you guys say fish em deep how deep are we talking? 50? 100? and looking for suspenders? Looking for wood in the deep? or what is holding the fish? I have good electronics and am marking tons of fish but they are tough to get to bite. The only fish we are getting to bite are on deep drop offs close to shore with wood mixed in.

• Members

MY QUESTION IS HOW DID YOU CONVINCE YOUR WIFE TO 1) GO FISHING FOR YOUR HONEYMOON 2) IN DECEMBER AND 3) DOES SHE HAVE A SISTER.

My wife loves to fish, I am very fortunate! We are from Minnesota so this weather is actually pretty darn nice! it was 20 below when we left home! Shorts weather you guys have down here!! lol

My wife loves to fish, I am very fortunate! We are from Minnesota so this weather is actually pretty darn nice! it was 20 below when we left home! Shorts weather you guys have down here!! lol

That's hilarious! As a transplanted northerner I used to say those things too... Love the winters down here--you can fish all through, no need to ever winterize the boat. Congrats to you and your bride, and I hope the fish help make your stay even more memorable than it already is!

you should have no trouble locating some big shad schools in the creeks around kimberling. a jigging spoon will get them. depth can change from day to day, and yes the bass will be mostly suspended. this time of year and with the extreme cold we have had, it would not be uncommon to catch them 70ft. deep.

bo