Thoughts on black lights for night fishing

D Mann

On 6/4/2016 at 11:00 PM, Jason Essary said:

First.  Boo is correct.  Using a black light will help you get more bites. Period. I fish at night two to four times a week. A third of our fish you never feel.  If you want to fish without it its fine but just understand you are handicapping yourself.  Table rock blacklights are great if you want florescent.  Local owned.  Strip led's in the rub rail are freaking great.  Installed them on my new boat.  Will never be without them now.

Second. Boo. Water patrol has advised our series that they will be giving tickets this year to boats running with their blacklights on.  To my knowledge no one yet has received one but our director has been telling everyoneit is coming and not to be surprised if you don't turn them off. Believe because of the new led strips the are gone to start to enforce it harder.

I second this. The rub rail lightsystem I use ( Bluewater) by far the best I've ever used. Very bight and I have mine on a dimer. 

I'm also very bad about running with my back lights on and from now on I will not do so. I never thought of these points made above. 

1 hour ago, Codywskeeter1521 said:

I second this. The rub rail lightsystem I use ( Bluewater) by far the best I've ever used. Very bight and I have mine on a dimer. 

I'm also very bad about running with my back lights on and from now on I will not do so. I never thought of these points made above. 

Cody -

Do you have the 60 LED / 40-inch Blue Water LED™ High Output UV Light Strips? 

Are these installed in the rub rail or above/below it?

Thanks

Bobby

24 minutes ago, bobby b. said:

Cody -

Do you have the 60 LED / 40-inch Blue Water LED™ High Output UV Light Strips? 

Are these installed in the rub rail or above/below it?

Thanks

Bobby

Hey bobby

Yeah I have the 40 inch leds. They are mounted above the rub rail on my champion. But on my dad's skeeter his are mounted inside the rub rail.  Either way seems to work great. I like mine mounted on my champion above because it has a flat spot right above the rub rail. I was kinda worried about them shining in my eyes and i havent had that issue yet.Plus mine has the old style rope inside of the rub rail.  Didn't really wanna take a chance in messing that up by cutting it out. 

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to message me. 

I just got done the inside of my Champion for lights...i have 2 48 watt leds flood lights also but only mounting one, they are like 4,000 lumens each...black lights are next...lol

006.jpg

007.jpg

I know everything about nothing and know nothing about everything!

Bruce Philips

The camera in my phone makes them look brighter than they are...did 2 boats for about 30 bucks total.

Bruce Philips

Cody, are those the cool white colors you have for lighting in your boat, and do you have the set on a dimmer also? Been trying to figure out which would be the best color for lighting and not bothering my eyes when I use them at night. I am leaning strongly to the Blue Water set up, I never thought of mounting the black lights above the rub rail on my Champion, I really like that Idea, thanks for that tip. Was wandering if you went and cut your rail for your front running lights, seems that is a must or did you do the same as your black light set up and put them just above the rub rail. Thanks for the Tips!!

I put my running lights above the rub rail ....... the red lights seem easier on the yes to me

002.jpg

Bruce Philips