how and what were you fishing for? Bait or Lures? Did you see any others catching fish and if so what if you don"t mind my asking. I like using jerk baits and jigs there for walleyes, hybrids,  and whites, smaller jigs for the crappie. 

It was slow last time I was there (March16-20).  Spoonbill seemed good, but everything else seemed slow.  I'm going to be back out on Saturday for a while.  Probably going to troll from MM 81 to 78 again.  I've just started fishing the area so I'm learning as I go.

how and what were you fishing for? Bait or Lures? Did you see any others catching fish and if so what if you don"t mind my asking. I like using jerk baits and jigs there for walleyes, hybrids,  and whites, smaller jigs for the crappie. 

I wasn't fishing just very few there not having luck on anything.

oneshot

Been fishing right below the dam for a few weeks now. Hybrids, white bass, crappie and walleye are all going decent. Today was an incredible day with huge school of hybrids ranging from 5-12 pounds being caught on topwater lures! Limited out in an hour and culled a few 5-6 pounders!

IMG_2191.JPG

Nice fish! 

I think I might just motor all the way up to the dam on Saturday and troll back to the Oar House.  Like I mentioned earlier, I just bought a home in the area and really just getting used to it.  I've got a few spots up Cole Creek I want to try once the level goes up.

You might also try jigs bounced along the bottom as you drift. I use 1/4 or 1/8 ounce with plastics or bucktail in chartrueuse or white. I catch Walleye, Hybrids, Whites, crappie, Buffalo, and occasional Spoonbill (which are released if I get them in) when they get foul hooked because they are bunched up in there. Jigs get hung up a lot because of the rocks but they catch fish. A lot f the regulars there use a slip bobber with 2 lighter jigs tied on and fish from the bank and mainly target Crappie. however, they do hook into the other species as well. Pretty crowded, especially on weekends, but a fun place. Hope you do well.

I snagged almost a 3 foot Buffalo while snaggin' for an hour or so two weeks ago.  Do you ever try to run bottom bouncers with death rigs or worm harnesses?  Either way I've decided I'll motor up that way and give a report.