November Trip Help

CardsFan

• Members

Hey guys,

I am heading down to Beaver in the middle of November and will be staying near the dam area. I have never been on Beaver and was hoping for some tips for that time of year. 

My initial plan looking into the future would be to start with jerk baits, crankbaits, shakey heads, and topwater.  Will the A-rig be in play yet or am I missing anything? Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks!

(Ill keep my eye on the forum as I get closer to my trip, but I just wanted to put this out there)

12 hours ago, Dan the fisherman said:

I’d think the water temp has the biggest say.  If it continues to drop like it has been jerk baits and A rigs may come into play. WT was 67 today.  I haven’t seen much top water so far.  Very weird for these temp

I was out for a while yesterday also (think I saw you Dan) and it was pretty slow. I did manage to catch a couple large white bass, which ended up as dinner and a few pesky spotted bass that were released.  No top water action at all.  I did find schools of baitfish but they were sticking close to the bottom or suspended in water that was 30-40 feet deep.  Lots of fish working the bait schools (that's where I caught my fish) but not much close to the surface.  

Hopefully the bait fish will get closer to the surface soon and bring on the top water action! 

It is kind of weird the fish aren't on top more.  When I was out in Indian creek area a couple of days ago, there were plenty of shad on top, when I running down the creek I was spooking a lot of shad.  There did seem to be schools of spots chasing shad but it was all sub-surface.  Kind of a head scratcher why they aren't busing them on top.  

I agree Quill, this is usually the time of year and water temp for good top water action with schools of whites, stripers and mixed black bass.  My best guess is the rapid cool down of water temps.  It's like we went from summer to winter with surface temps dropping almost 10 degrees in just a week or two.  Maybe when the water temps stabilize a little more we'll see some better top water action.  

5 hours ago, Notropis said:

I agree Quill, this is usually the time of year and water temp for good top water action with schools of whites, stripers and mixed black bass.  My best guess is the rapid cool down of water temps.  It's like we went from summer to winter with surface temps dropping almost 10 degrees in just a week or two.  Maybe when the water temps stabilize a little more we'll see some better top water action.  

That’s what I was thinking.  Rapid cool down has the fish confused { and the fisherman} lol

7 hours ago, Notropis said:

I was out for a while yesterday also (think I saw you Dan) and it was pretty slow. I did manage to catch a couple large white bass, which ended up as dinner and a few pesky spotted bass that were released.  No top water action at all.  I did find schools of baitfish but they were sticking close to the bottom or suspended in water that was 30-40 feet deep.  Lots of fish working the bait schools (that's where I caught my fish) but not much close to the surface.  

Hopefully the bait fish will get closer to the surface soon and bring on the top water action! 

If u were in PC then u did . And I zeroed 😩