Last week

top_dollar

Fished out of kimberling a few mornings this past week (6-10), as well as 2 afternoon trips.  Wt was 82-84 degrees most of the week.  It was largely slow, with the exception of a few flurries.  Fished a drop shot and cc spoon.  Also threw a small jig, and a keitech.  Caught almost everything on a drop shot, the spoon also worked.  My best bite was on gravel points and roll offs with a drop shot.  Water depth was 25-60fow, but most of the fish were 25 to 30 feet down.  Size was good with more than half being keepers, but was only averaging 2-3 fish/hr.  Bait and fish were all over the graph, but I couldn't get many to bite.

20190801_162348.jpg

20190801_160416.jpg

15 hours ago, top_dollar said:

Fished out of kimberling a few mornings this past week (6-10), as well as 2 afternoon trips.  Wt was 82-84 degrees most of the week.  It was largely slow, with the exception of a few flurries.  Fished a drop shot and cc spoon.  Also threw a small jig, and a keitech.  Caught almost everything on a drop shot, the spoon also worked.  My best bite was on gravel points and roll offs with a drop shot.  Water depth was 25-60fow, but most of the fish were 25 to 30 feet down.  Size was good with more than half being keepers, but was only averaging 2-3 fish/hr.  Bait and fish were all over the graph, but I couldn't get many to bite.

20190801_162348.jpg

20190801_160416.jpg

many, many times when bass are above 35 ft.,  you can't sit on top of them and catch them.  you have to back off and cast to them.  just something that i have learned over the years.  you just have to experiment to see what you can get them to react to.  sometimes, even a weenie worm arced down through them will get them to commit.  spoons are also something to try by casting to where they are and working the spoon down through them. 

bo

6 hours ago, merc1997 said:

many, many times when bass are above 35 ft.,  you can't sit on top of them and catch them.  you have to back off and cast to them.  just something that i have learned over the years.  you just have to experiment to see what you can get them to react to.  sometimes, even a weenie worm arced down through them will get them to commit.  spoons are also something to try by casting to where they are and working the spoon down through them. 

bo

Great advice, probably should have tried that.   I'm not great at adapting.  I have a tendency to catch fish my way or not at all.  I actually went out of my wheelhouse with that drop shot and they bit it well.  Typically I live or die by live bait and a jigging spoon.