Sac River

Alright, I have read through some posts. I am a student at msu. I primarily crappie fish on lake of the Ozarks and smallmouth fish on the Niangua River. I am wanting to know of some good places on the sac to get my fix in. I have gone to Caplinger Mills 2x and got skunked each time including today as well as from the looks of it everyone else did also. Not asking for your honey holes. Just asking for some advice for a college kid and some others who can’t get the boat out everyday anymore lol

If you want a good smallmouth spot go somewhere else. I love the Sac and Lil Sac and Turnback creek but there are better places for smallmouth in about the same driving distance. 

it’s weird really because Stockton is such a good smallmouth lake. But up the rivers it’s a bunch of small spotted bass. Fun, but not what you are after. 

Yeah I can't help you with any smallmouth holes, I know the James river is great for them but I don't ever fish it. However, the little sac is just a 30 minute drive from the north side of Springfield and offers a fantastic white bass run that is just starting up (a bonus walleye every once in awhile as well). There are several bank spots as well so you don't have to have a boat. 

Caplinger is below Stockton. You need to look above. Taylor, Orleans, Frisco Trail, and 215 are the spots on the Lil Sac you need to be looking at. Going to be a lot closer to Springfield. You also have the James River close to Table Rock and Beaver Creek close to Bull Shoals for the spring run of Whites. 

The little sac river is closer to Springfield. Take highway 13  N out of town to highway 215 at Brighton and take a left on 215. Take that through morrisville and then 3 or 4 miles outside of town highway 215 crosses the river. That hole directly below the bridge is the best walleye hole I have found on the river. If you stay on highway 215 after crossing the river there is a little paved road S 60th on the right, take that until it It's, take a right and Taylor bridge is right there. Lots of bank space there up and down the river to fish. If you take a left at the T, follow it until it T's then take a right and it T's again almost immediately, make another right and follow that to an old wooden bridge that is no longer open (Orleans bridge). Another great spot with bank access is walking into the river at the Frisco line trail bridge. After you take 215 through morrisville on the right side of the road right before you get to the 215 bridge is S 86th (gravel road). The Frisco line trail intersects it after 2 miles or so. You can walk in to the river on the trail and lots of bank access walking down river. Generally the whites run all the way to the 215 bridge. If you look at all of this on Google maps you can kind of see how far each bridge is from the other and how far from Stockton lake they are. Let me know if you need any other info.

Caught lots of nice crappie, walleye, white bass, and hybrids at Caplinger.  The key is to fish it when they run water.  Fishing picks up when the water starts to rise and falls off when it drops.  Fish the eddys, holes, and places where the rising water backs into ditches coming out of the fields.  Roadrunners, rattle traps, and shad raps are my go to baits.  You can hang with the crowd at the bridge or go downstream on the east bank below the bridge.  You can also walk up from the N bridge.  Wade at your own risk.

12 hours ago, bwcballer10 said:

The little sac river is closer to Springfield. Take highway 13  N out of town to highway 215 at Brighton and take a left on 215. Take that through morrisville and then 3 or 4 miles outside of town highway 215 crosses the river. That hole directly below the bridge is the best walleye hole I have found on the river. If you stay on highway 215 after crossing the river there is a little paved road S 60th on the right, take that until it It's, take a right and Taylor bridge is right there. Lots of bank space there up and down the river to fish. If you take a left at the T, follow it until it T's then take a right and it T's again almost immediately, make another right and follow that to an old wooden bridge that is no longer open (Orleans bridge). Another great spot with bank access is walking into the river at the Frisco line trail bridge. After you take 215 through morrisville on the right side of the road right before you get to the 215 bridge is S 86th (gravel road). The Frisco line trail intersects it after 2 miles or so. You can walk in to the river on the trail and lots of bank access walking down river. Generally the whites run all the way to the 215 bridge. If you look at all of this on Google maps you can kind of see how far each bridge is from the other and how far from Stockton lake they are. Let me know if you need any other info.

Thank you very much.