Need Advice

stuartsx5

My brother is coming in from Texas to fish next week.  He is usually here in October and we hit LOZ for whites and hybrids.  I don't know how the fishing goes this early. I have heard Truman is good right now for this but don't have a clue what to do or where to go.  Just some general advice and areas would be greatly appreciated.  I have only been on Truman a couple of times in my life so I am unfamiliar with where ramps are etc.  Thanks in advance.

Earl Stuart

fishin is livin

There is 2 ways to locate White bass and Hybrids.  

You can map out a milk run of points, humps, and flats. Not staying long at any stop and fishing fast until one hammers your bait....then stay and work them for all they are worth.

Or...

You can be lazy and idle around casually with a big glass of iced tea and some snacks, and just study the surface of the water for activity. If you have binoculars, use them.   After a day or two of this relaxing excersise, you'll quickly learn how to detect "nervous water".    The thing about schools of temperate bass is that even when they are gorging 15+feet deep....they still almost always create some kind of a surface disturbance, or a slick spot amongst otherwise slightly choppy water.      

9 hours ago, stuartsx5 said:

My brother is coming in from Texas to fish next week.  He is usually here in October and we hit LOZ for whites and hybrids.  I don't know how the fishing goes this early. I have heard Truman is good right now for this but don't have a clue what to do or where to go.  Just some general advice and areas would be greatly appreciated.  I have only been on Truman a couple of times in my life so I am unfamiliar with where ramps are etc.  Thanks in advance.

Hire a guide. Money well spent