5/10-5/13 report.

Fished Stockton this weekend with my brother.  We fished all over the lake.  I forgot what the water temps were, but I think I remember mid 60's around Orleans trail and around 70 further up by Ruark.  Fished Orleans trail Friday/Sat.  Water was clear, could see bottom in about 10FOW, slime wasn't bad.  The water was dead calm.  Caught walleyes scattered around, and in unusual locations.  Most were in the backs of pockets in less than 15 FOW, near the bank.  Caught several shorts as well, but enough keepers to make it fun.  Trolling cranks around Orleans was a bust. 

We fished out of Mutton creek on saturday evening and caught several crappie trolling crankbaits about 15-20feet down over 30-40 FOW.  Found the same thing in the middle of Googer creek.  Water had quite a bit more stain, probably 3-4 foot of visibility.  Sunday we fished out of Ruark and caught a mixed bag of species tossing swimbaits at a bank out to about 20 FOW.  Also caught a few keeper walleye and some shorts way back in a pocket shallow along a bunch of other species.  Caught several more crappie trolling cranks in a creek mouth also.  Caught several short crappie trolling which was unusual.   Clarity was a couple of feet.  Sunday afternoon we put in at Hawker and trolled the creek.  Water was much clearer, could see down at least 5 feet.  Caught a few keeper crappie,  several shorts, and a keeper walleye.  Those fish were mostly about 20-25 feet down over 40-60 FOW.  

image000005.jpg

image000004.jpg

image000007.jpg

image000006.jpg