Fishing Report

cwc87

Thanks for the reports Corey. Been stuck in town out of the action too long. Hoping to get out late next week. Nice looking jigs Scott. Think I found a new source for Kruger style deer hair jig hooks...with a good hook. We shall see when they arrive.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it fellows, Giggers are our enemy! Otter aren't helping either The little meramec runs through my property and it's full of dead fish with throats bit out. Otter everywhere even in daytime. Good to know everyone is fishing or at least thinking about it. I'm bowhunting in Ballwin everyday but Jan 16 I grab my pole and head to river

I headed out late today, and hooked a normal size crappie on a roostertail. Nothing more than that but I didn't stay too long. Worked out better than trout fishing with them, and they're the ones supposed to be more active at these temps than crappie. Figure that out.

Fly guy, Beautiful smallmouth. If you don’t mind me asking, what were you using?

Hog Wally, is the little Meramec different from the big Meramec?

I have not seen any otters up my way but I know there are guys trapping around Redhorse. That might be why.

Doing in good with the bow in Ballwin? I would guess there are deer all over there. Are you chasing a big one?

Fished Redhorse down to 30 on Saturday. I had never fished this section before. There were a couple of nice stretches of water, though the last couple of miles were kinda dead. My buddy and I caught about 15 fish combined. 1 largemouth, 1 spot, 1 crappie, and the rest smallmouth. The largest was a nice 17 inch smallie on a 3.5" tube. It woulda been a poor day for warm weather, but was the best we have done in terms of winter fishing,

The weatherman was off on his forecast a bit. It was supposed to be low-to-mid 50's and partly sunny. I don't think it ever got over 43 and never saw the sun.

I was using jig and a 3" gulp shiner.

Fly guy, Beautiful smallmouth. If you don’t mind me asking, what were you using?

I have not seen any otters up my way but I know there are guys trapping around Redhorse. That might be why.

Doing in good with the bow in Ballwin? I would guess there are deer all over there. Are you chasing a big one?

Redhorse down to thirty has some giant smallies! Little meramec is nothing more than a pristine wade fishing creek in lonedell area. Dumps into meramec mile above river round I'm slaughtering deer in ballwin with the new ordinance they passed