Oakley Big Bass/KVD Classic

soa06

• Members

We've been doing the spring thing fishing since the end of March and have caught numerous fish. We've fished the OBBT for the last 4 years because it's fun and we like the chances of cashing a check. We know going in there will be lots of boats on the water and finding an unoccupied honey hole would be difficult but during our time this weekend I can say we never did have a problem finding fishing water. Sure there were a lot of boats out there and points and pockets were packed many times but we managed to find fishing water. Never once were we cut off during the event. Now I will say I was cut off a number of times earlier this spring by non tournament boats and on one occasion was cut off by a guide boat. Not a big deal because I moved but to bash the participants in this event when it happens everyday is being a little unfair.

Now it's time to go home for the summer and turn the lake over to the wake boats, plowing cruisers, and the little buzzing jet skis. They have as much right to this fine piece of heaven as we do, just glad they like the warmer weather and not the early spring or fall fishing time!

Boats and trucks come in one color - RED, and peanut butter has to be crunchy.

19 year old fishing his first ever tourney

post-18219-0-74151600-1431970448_thumb.j

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

Why was this thread not killed due to the lack of respect shown in the number of negative posts. If a person has a problem with the tournament organization or said anglers, then they should do the right thing and talk directly to them and not air your displeasure here. What is the old saying: If you don't have anything nice to say....

Why was this thread not killed due to the lack of respect shown in the number of negative posts. If a person has a problem with the tournament organization or said anglers, then they should do the right thing and talk directly to them and not air your displeasure here. What is the old saying: If you don't have anything nice to say....

Two reasons:

1. The amount of truth

2. What's wrong with people's opinions?

If a company/organization can't handle feedback without getting their panties in a wad then they either need to change business' or stay off public forums. Personally I'd think feedback should drive a company. If they give a crap anyway.

You are still being negative. What picture are we painting of what kinds of people live here. The lake was created for everyone to enjoy. I respect your opinion but negative posts like these and slamming organizations should have no place here on this forum.

Dennis, it is not (yet) a crime in this country to have an opinion and speak it. And that opinion doesn't have to align with those of everyone else --- or anyone else, for that matter.

No one was abusive toward OBBT. Some of us simply hold opinions that go against theirs or those who support them. No crime committed.

ClassActionTransparent.png

You are still being negative. What picture are we painting of what kinds of people live here. The lake was created for everyone to enjoy. I respect your opinion but negative posts like these and slamming organizations should have no place here on this forum.

You are wrong and simply looking at it all wrong. It's as simple as that. I could reverse this just as easily using your logic.

Don't forget they're here for free advertising.

FYI, we are a paid advertiser on this forum. Secondly, we have no problem with the feedback/opinions. What I personally have a problem with is the same handful of people who've made the same basic comments each year for the last four years. They are simply here to be negative and it's completely clear that they have an agenda. If you'll check every thread we've made on this board you'll see that we consistently answer the questions regardless of their validity.

I'll say it again because people continue to overlook my points. If you're making comments that are based on facts or your personal experience with our events then I have no issue. It's those with no experience with our tournament and no reliable information making comments that I have a problem with.

But feel free to continue to fire them at me and I'll entertain you...