Weekend trip on the NFOW

Just got back from a trip.  We took my friends father up for his birthday.  Stayed at the hanger...man is that a great place.  Sunburst has a nice thing going.  Fishing was good but not great.  However, we all had a great time.  Here's a short write up I did for Orvis.  http://www.orvis.com/news/fly-fishing/photos-taking-old-man-fly-fishing/

4 hours ago, Plastic_worm said:

Just got back from a trip.  We took my friends father up for his birthday.  Stayed at the hanger...man is that a great place.  Sunburst has a nice thing going.  Fishing was good but not great.  However, we all had a great time.  Here's a short write up I did for Orvis.  http://www.orvis.com/news/fly-fishing/photos-taking-old-man-fly-fishing/

Drew we stayed at the hangar at the end of Feb and had a blast. They are great people and haves great place down there. Nice pics with your dad! Wish mine could sit get around. Enjoy it

16 hours ago, trythisonemv said:

Drew we stayed at the hangar at the end of Feb and had a blast. They are great people and haves great place down there. Nice pics with your dad! Wish mine could sit get around. Enjoy it

It was my first time in the hanger but usually make a few trips each year to the NFOW always camp at Sunburst.  Planning another trip soon before the recreational floaters invade.   

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm planning on getting down to the NFOW on Wednesday morning to try some fly fishing from the bank. I will be headed towards the Taylor Bridge area (don't have exact plans).. Does anyone know which bridges sustained the worst damage down that way or what places might have some good access for shore fishing?

Thanks!

Last time i was down that way I managed one little baby brown..good to see the natural reproduction tho!!