Hey Johnsfolly

BilletHead

After watching you check some of these out the window yesterday I thought I would do some outdoor shopping and picked off and picked up these four today :) .

DSCF2498.JPGDSCF2499.JPG

DSCF2500.JPG

Guess tree rat will be on the buffet soon,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

You know that I was looking at them. Just being spiteful aren't you:)? Ok that's a nice mess of squirrels. That female looks like she had some little ones around not too long ago.

Yes she had ,but was dried up. Had one other old female in the fox mix and the other two were young males, young enough their nuts had not dropped yet. Only lost one front leg where the explosive little round took it out. 

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

• 2 weeks later...

Krazo,

Good timing buddy! Here is a link to the recipe. Do it and I guarantee you will like it, http://honest-food.net/braised-squirrel-aurora-recipe/

So the good timing part? Well got four more in the last couple of days and we are making a run to find some ingredients for this one, http://honest-food.net/hmong-squirrel-stew-recipe/

We figure we can find the lemongrass but may have to substitute ginger for the galangal. Maybe leave this out but want it as close to the correct ingredients. Look around the site http://honest-food.net/

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:58 AM, Krazo said:

just read 'whats cooking' & saw the braised squirrel aurora.  looks good.  what is the aurora part?  heres what i based my recipe off of.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2013/09/recipe-braised-squirrel-bacon-mushrooms-and-pinot-noir

Good looking recipe. I have the wild mushrooms, just need the squirrels. May get out later this week to get a few. Don't know if you saw my post about the sichaun squirrel dish on the cooking thread. That Is a great tasting meal as well. Glad to see that BH and I aren't the only ones that love the bushytails:D!