Is anyone bass fishing

Dutch

It seems that only  walleye and an occasional crappie fisherman is posting on this forum.  Where did all of the bass fishermen go?

I've been going but having a lot of trouble finding quality fish.  Yesterday I fished mid day around Turkey Creek and had 10 but not a keeper in the bunch.

Nope. Still laying here in bed reading about bass fishing. 😜

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

I plan to head down there to State Park on Monday pm and fish 'till Friday am.  I guess I'll have to throw the kitchen sink at them and see what they will take if anything.  I may devote 1 day to fishing brush piles and see how many jigs I can lose.:D

Bass fishing has been tough. No consistency, just look at the tournament results across the board. One weekend on a Saturday it's taking 20+ pounds to win and 10+ to draw a check, then on the same weekend on a Sunday it taken 13 pounds to win and 8 pounds to get check. It's not been good since the floods in April. Sure there are guys who can out and find a good sack on a given night but to do it every weekend has been tough!!!

I know there is a lot of head scatching going on with a lot of guys/teams  at weigh-ins.

I have noticed the lack of bass reports lately too, I just figured guys were just being tight lipped. 

• Members

What I've noticed is that the bass are suspending on shad right now, what I thought were schools of white bass surfacing have actually been largemouthand spots. I've caught several quality fishjust keeping the trolling motor on high, a spook or fluke rigged, and watch for surface action then cast into the middle of it. The problem is, there's no way to pattern that as the bass are running the schools of shad all over the place. I've seen this in 40 fow then turn around and they'll be up in 4-5 fow. The most consistent bite I've found is to ignore the schoolers and drag a 10-12" ribbon tail worm across long flat points. I'm sure all of this is common knowledge, just haven't seen anyone posting about the surfacing bass yet 

• Members

We fished Friday till about 3:00 and managed a few but no keepers. Most came on worm or jig and about 15 to 20' deep. We tried it all - from 2' to 30' deep, points to back of coves, top waters, buzz baits, crank baits, worms, jigs, creature baits, A-rigs. Fished the little sac arm from high point to up past state park and tried brush piles, flats, bluffs, timber, points. I have no idea right now how to find keepers or what to throw.

30 minutes ago, Bassin' fool said:

What I've noticed is that the bass are suspending on shad right now, what I thought were schools of white bass surfacing have actually been largemouthand spots. I've caught several quality fishjust keeping the trolling motor on high, a spook or fluke rigged, and watch for surface action then cast into the middle of it. The problem is, there's no way to pattern that as the bass are running the schools of shad all over the place. I've seen this in 40 fow then turn around and they'll be up in 4-5 fow. The most consistent bite I've found is to ignore the schoolers and drag a 10-12" ribbon tail worm across long flat points. I'm sure all of this is common knowledge, just haven't seen anyone posting about the surfacing bass yet 

You got that on the surfacing ones.  It is purely hit and miss.  I don't even try for them.  I have fished all kinds of places except the long flat points.  A couple come to mind that I'll try on Tuesday am.  Thanks

23 minutes ago, bassnut said:

We fished Friday till about 3:00 and managed a few but no keepers. Most came on worm or jig and about 15 to 20' deep. We tried it all - from 2' to 30' deep, points to back of coves, top waters, buzz baits, crank baits, worms, jigs, creature baits, A-rigs. Fished the little sac arm from high point to up past state park and tried brush piles, flats, bluffs, timber, points. I have no idea right now how to find keepers or what to throw.

That is the same area and time for me on Friday .  I fished from Turkey Creek to Hawker.  After I try the long flat points I have a date with a couple of brush piles then I guess I'll head for the dam area and look for smallies.