Crappie!!

CoolHandFluke

15 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

There's a wall of cold muddy water coming down the Niangua.  You might wanna go bowling ( or something) instead.  

I have put in at McCubbins point a couple of times. would i be better off going there? I just don't know my way around as much there. 

There's two distinct patterns for crappie right now.  We caught them GOOD this week on condo docks 25' deep, and found some stacked on secondary points 6' deep.  Either way side scan would be a huge help.  Crappie don't care about color, their the dumbest fish in the water put a jig in front of them and they eat.

I got two people that are real crappie fisherman. As of last week one reported to me they were catching crappie way back in the coves under a cork. The other one told me they caught crappie trolling deep. Since the weather insist on jumping all over the place all I got to say is who knows really what it might be. At this time of the year you need to search for sun the more the better. Crappie and everything else will come up close to the surface on a calm sunny day even far out in the lake. My one friend is a compulsive troller. He has too very long spinning rods he trolls with that stick way out both sides of the boat. He clams it is much more effective to troll outside the boat path. I think he might be right and I think he was picking up crappie a lot shallower Than he thought those sunny afternoons.