Lowrance hds 8 non touch to hd structure scan

I own a Lowrance hds 8 "non touch" that I am using in 2d sonar mode only.

I just purchased an hd structure scan bundle with trans' never installed still in the box. (The box says HD, I am guessing it is between the lss1 and lss2??)

I also have an hdi transducer that I am using on my elite 7 hdi

My question:

Do I still need to use the hdi ducer for di ? 

What if any software updates do I need?

Will the addition of SI be super cool, or will I be disappointed?

I know this is old tech, but it is new to me.

I might buy the panoptix stuff in 10 or 15yrs when it's cheaper so don't for get about me:yaeh-am-not-durnk: 

Thanks

shd.png

hd.png

4 hours ago, STLbassbuster said:

Are are you running the  HDS8 at the console and the elite 7 at the bow?

No the other way around.

I had the elite 7 first so I used it on the console. Then I bought a used hds 8 without a transducer, I put it up front, it uses the 2d transducer built into my xi5.

I plan on swapping them. The structure scan stuff doesn't say lss2 just HD, I don't know. Either way it's a step up for me and the price was right

You should be able to use you transducer you already have mounted back there for the 2d on the HDS when you move it back to the console. The skimmer transducer will run the down and side view.  I had the exact same set up as you except mine was a HDS 7...   I ran my Elite 7 off my Xi5 and it worked well. And I used the Transducer that came with my Elite for my HDS 2d because the one it came with got busted off

Thank you I found this badge in the picture. I think this is the lss2 type transducer with di built in?

If this is like or same as lss2 I will be very happy ! Now I will be waiting for a cheap hds 10 or 12 someday.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

I can't figure out which ducer you have.  Can you post a pic of it?   Where do you plan to mount it?

When it comes in I will take a picture of it after mounting. I currently have the hdi ducer on the rear. it does sonar and down scan