GOOD FLY'S TO USE

DRUNKFISHIN

• Members

I AM PLANNING A FLOAT TRIP THIS WEEKEND. I PLAN TO FLOAT FROM PULLTITE TO ROUNDSPRINGS. WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT FLY'S ARE WORKING WELL FOR TROUT,BASS ECT IN THIS AREA. ALSO PLANNING ON USING SPINING ROD ON FLOAT ANY BAITS I SHOULD BRING FOR BASS, TROUT ECT.. ANY GOOD FISHING HOLES WOULD BE GREAT TO.

THANKS

DRUNKFISHIN :huh:

Hey DF.

Have to agree with Terrapin, aluminum hatch does kill the bite more than people think. But hey, gotta do what you gotta do.

For bass, crawdad cranks, small, orange and brown. Flukes, whatever color you like. Senko's. Once the first batch of clanging and clanking canoes goes through I recommend Budlight. But judging by your screen name you should be okay in that department.

Binoculars wouldn't hurt, bikini hatch coincides with the aluminum hatch. Sometimes if your lucky the rare no-bikini hatch happens. Don't forget to post a report. Luck to you.

Snagged.

You can catch some fish even with the aluminum hatch going on. The fish have to eat and all the comotion stirs a lot of food. If your caught in traffic, a good trick is to anchor up at the top of a bluff hole and swing you bow out so folks have to go around (Not that I've ever done that before). Look for deep holes with rock, and drag a tube or a 4" grub through the rocks and you should do fine. Any color, as long as its green pumpkin, or green pumpkin with red flake. Cheers.