Scud Hooks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of good scud hooks on the market TMC 2487 & TMC 2457 are both hooks I tie on.

Hard to say what my favorite hook would be, as different patterns require different diameter of hooks,

thinner hook slower sink rate, heavier hook(thicker diameter) faster sink rate, as long as the hook is sharp and well made

I'll use it. I use a lot of gamakatsu, and diachii hooks also.

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

www.missouritrout.com/timsflyshop

For my night time scuds, I've been using size 14 TMC 200r's and they have been producing very well after dark. The old Mustad 37160's in 14 and 16's have been a good one too for after dark, but they are getting hard to find.

A Little Rain Won't Hurt Them Fish.....They're Already Wet!!

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

I'm not "in love" with any scud hook either, but I do tend to go with the TMCs myself. I like the price of the Lightening Strikes from Wapsi and have used some of their other hooks. Need to try the scud hooks...

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

2499SPBL Tiemco for scuds and midges both. It has a super sharp point and comes barbless from the get go. Wide gap and just an all around awesome hook. Try it you will never use another 2457 again. Honest to god.

Rich

Hands down Daiichi 1120.

2499SPBL Tiemco for scuds and midges both. It has a super sharp point and comes barbless from the get go. Wide gap and just an all around awesome hook. Try it you will never use another 2457 again. Honest to god.Rich

This man speaks the truth.

I have spent most of my money on fly fishing and beer. The rest I just wasted.

xfcakj.jpg

The latest Trout Commander blog post: Niangua River Six Pack