Meramec

Guest P. owensby

Guest P. owensby

Floated from cedar down to hi-way 8, not the best results but it sure was fun. Here are some pics,

post-10830-13087927577356_thumb.jpg

post-10830-13087927778988_thumb.jpg

post-10830-1308792791567_thumb.jpg

post-10830-1308792805497_thumb.jpg

post-10830-1308792826221_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very sweet!!!! I love that stretch and have not been there in a long time.The smallies hold very tight to any wood on that float and you get a shot at some bonus trout about half way down. Good for you.

Guest P. owensby

Did you encounter any fresh downed trees from the Saturday storm?

I actucially went last Friday, but it was a pretty "clean" float all the way down. Had to get out a couple of times, but with having some back issues, it's good to do that, and for that matter even people with good backs should get out frequently. Sitting too long leads too disc problems in the lower back...

Yea, nice mix of fish. With the water warming up I would guess any rainbows in the stretch are holed up below what’s its name creek. I’m a little disappointed the river is not more blocked up with trees. Some look at down falls as portages from hell, I tend to look at them as obstacles from heaven. Last year things were pretty clogged up, it keeps the disneylanders out.

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

Guest P. owensby

Paul

Hope you enjoyed the new solo. Do you have one of the seat backs for that thing? They really help my back, that and getting out some like you said.

Tim

Yea Tim, I got some thing's to help cushion the ride and it works out fine for the most part. It's a little more tippy than the Kayak, but alot more room. Good to here from you, give me a call...

Guest P. owensby

Yea, nice mix of fish. With the water warming up I would guess any rainbows in the stretch are holed up below what’s its name creek. I’m a little disappointed the river is not more blocked up with trees. Some look at down falls as portages from hell, I tend to look at them as obstacles from heaven. Last year things were pretty clogged up, it keeps the Disney Landers out.

I hear ya! The harder the float, the more it keeps out the rift-raft(locals) and makes for better fishing...

Guest P. owensby

Some great fish! Thanks for the report. A trout up in that stretch of the river had to be a pleasant surprise during the summertime.

Supprised to say the least. When I first saw the orange & pink flash I thought to myself "what in the world", and then a pleasant supprise.